Feeding your Chameleons

Brit12

How often and how much do you feed your chameleon? I dont want to underfeed him or over feed him, please give me your opionions. how do you post pictures in the threads?

here. read this blog:

http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/

HOW MUCH TO OFFER

During the first six months of a veiled chameleon's life, it has an amazing appetite. Reptiles are extremely good at converting food into body mass, and grow at an amazing rate during this time. However, at this stage of life they should not have access to as much as they can eat (please see specific care for females) which could be up to 25 or 30 small crickets a day! Rather they should be grown at a slower pace and offered 5 to 8 feeders per day. Growing them too fast could lead to problems with MBD as well as other developmental issues.
This should taper at about six months old and by one year of age the chameleon will most likely do quite well on three to five insects once every other day or so.
Vitamin and mineral supplementation should continue throughout the animals life (see supplements page).

How much you feed it and how often depends on the species, the rate of growth and the age and even the sex of your chameleon sometimes.

How old is your chameleon? What species? Male for sure?

I dont know who old he is for sure i rescued him, he is a sub aldult veiled chameleon and for sure a male.

Can you post a picture of him on your hand or something that will indicate his size or describe how big he is (length, nose tip to vent or nose tip to tail tip)?

For now you can feed him as much as he will eat in a couple of minutes at each feeding....likely every second day...but I'll know better when I see the picture.

Back
Top Bottom