Feeding to much or to little

When I first got my chameleon we were told that she was 2 months old (i don’t think she was as she was the size of my 9 9 yr old brothers thumb as shown in profile Pic so we don’t know her actual age )they also told us that she is a female veiled chameleon. They said that we should feed her about 3 small locusts everyday but I had researched it so I started feeding her about 15 small locusts a day but I did think that was a bit to much . I have had her for 4 months now and have been giving her about 10 medium sized locust and fruit occasionally, I think this is wayyy to much now and she is quite big but not grown fully yet , should I be feeding her less as I don’t want to over feed her
Thank u

Males you cant feed fast enough. Females if you over feed they will grow too fast too quickly and you may have "issues" such as producing eggs too early etc.

We would need to her growth rate, age (i assume six months) and the amount of feeders per week, in either weight or size. Locusts is an EU food, and most of use do not know their sizes off the tops of our heads, since they are illegal to grow in north america and a few other countries where they are zoned as pests. Like wise i assume you think its weird we use crickets, which you are not allowed to grow in the EU for the same reason.

Males you cant feed fast enough. Females if you over feed they will grow too fast too quickly and you may have "issues" such as producing eggs too early etc.

We would need to her growth rate, age (i assume six months) and the amount of feeders per week, in either weight or size. Locusts is an EU food, and most of use do not know their sizes off the tops of our heads, since they are illegal to grow in north america and a few other countries where they are zoned as pests. Like wise i assume you think its weird we use crickets, which you are not allowed to grow in the EU for the same reason.
Ok thank u , so do u think I should feed her less as I think she is pretty big for her age

If you have a scale, weigh her. Document her weight daily. After 7-10 days do an average of the weight. Repeat process and average for 14-20 days. You will get a better understanding of how much weight she puts on daily, weekly, monthly until full grown. This is what I do with my Harris Hawk. I have started this with my panther to better understand his growth rate. With those numbers you can better understand how much you are feeding in relation to how much she is gaining. I have no idea how much a female veiled should be growing at and what weight ranges are acceptable. Get a decent scale and a notebook. I know this was not what you were looking for but its a tool set to help get the answer you want without someone else.

If you have a scale, weigh her. Document her weight daily. After 7-10 days do an average of the weight. Repeat process and average for 14-20 days. You will get a better understanding of how much weight she puts on daily, weekly, monthly until full grown. This is what I do with my Harris Hawk. I have started this with my panther to better understand his growth rate. With those numbers you can better understand how much you are feeding in relation to how much she is gaining. I have no idea how much a female veiled should be growing at and what weight ranges are acceptable. Get a decent scale and a notebook. I know this was not what you were looking for but its a tool set to help get the answer you want without someone else.
Ok thank u for your help

My Panther is about 4 months. Hes eating easily 15 -20 3/4" crickets a day. I give him half for breakfast, let him chill, he gets a nice misting. Then the other half for lunch, then afternoon couple mists. Only had him bout a month id say, did his first shed here yesterday. LIl growing machince

Last edited:
My Panther is about 4 months. Hes eating easily 15 -20 3/4" crickets a day. I give him half for breakfast, let him chill, he gets a nice misting. Then the other half for lunch, then afternoon couple mists. Only had him bout a month id say, did his first shed here yesterday. LIl growing machince
Ok thanx this rlly helped

Anything I can do to help. There are alot more experienced on here than me, but the few chamelons ive had where all lil eating machines

Back
Top Bottom