Feeding rountie

KelseyB

What are your feeding routines like? My handsome boy gets a good variety (crickets, dubia, calcium worms, hornworms, super
20190916_170721.jpg
20190916_170721.jpg worms, blue bott flies) but I feel like I'm giving him too much. Recommendations? Picture just because he's handsome.

I feed every day for my young one, and every other day for my adults. They get dubias, crickets, red runners, silkworms, bsfl, and eat wild caughts all day in their outdoor enclosures.

I am not 100% sure, to be honest. They were practically giving him away at petsmart because he was getting too large for their enclosure and the thought of just anyone taking him and not wanting to do the research broke my heart. Soooo he came home with me. He is roughly a foot nose to tail.

I feed every day for my young one, and every other day for my adults. They get dubias, crickets, red runners, silkworms, bsfl, and eat wild caughts all day in their outdoor enclosures.

Thank you! I want to set up an outdoor enclosure for him but it is starting to cool off here so that'll be a project for next spring.

I am not 100% sure, to be honest. They were practically giving him away at petsmart because he was getting too large for their enclosure and the thought of just anyone taking him and not wanting to do the research broke my heart. Soooo he came home with me. He is roughly a foot nose to tail.
They didn’t sell you the cham kit, did they?

They didn’t sell you the cham kit, did they?

The whole tank kit? We did get that and found out quickly it is pretty bogus. Which I assumed anyway...I used to work there and haaaated the kits. I quickly altered it to include mostly live plants (pothos, cleaned and repotted in cleaned pots with organic soil), the vines sold at pet stores, and some fake plants just to fill in the spots the pothos are still too small to fill. We are already making plans to build him a larger home. I'm on the hunt for a corner curio or tall entertainment center to convert.

He is very handsome! What’s his name? I agree with others about feeding him every other day. He looks like a young adult, maybe 10 to 12 months. In a few more months you could go to three days a week. Depending on the size of the feeder, 2 to 10 feeders on each food day.....two hornworms.....10 crickets.

He is very handsome! What’s his name? I agree with others about feeding him every other day. He looks like a young adult, maybe 10 to 12 months. In a few more months you could go to three days a week. Depending on the size of the feeder, 2 to 10 feeders on each food day.....two hornworms.....10 crickets.

Pascal. I'm a bit of a Disney nerd. :)

Back
Top Bottom