Feeding hormworms

It took my cham awhile to get introduced to hornworms. I started with superworms first because they are kind of the same size but I didn’t give her a hornworm until she was about 9 months old. She wouldn’t eat it in front of me so I left it in her food bowl and by the time I came home from school it was gone. Now she loves them and I give them to her as a treat every time I handle her! ❤️

I’m not aware of age being an issue as long as they are of the right size. Some baby horns should be fine to feed. Do be aware though that they have sticky feet so it’s best to either feed it from your hand or put it on a leaf. When put on a branch, the worms hang on too tightly for your cham to pull their tongue back, which can result in tongue injury.

I’m not aware of age being an issue as long as they are of the right size. Some baby horns should be fine to feed. Do be aware though that they have sticky feet so it’s best to either feed it from your hand or put it on a leaf. When put on a branch, the worms hang on too tightly for your cham to pull their tongue back, which can result in tongue injury.
Oh wow I wouldn’t have thought about that thank you so much for informing me

Back
Top Bottom