Feeding from a cup

I took a small tupperware juice holder I cut out a section of it and hung it in my chameleon's enclosure will they go explore the cup and find the crickets?
I have tried to offer them from a cup I was holding but I have only had them for 1 day and they are looking at me like I am crazy :)

When it comes to cup feeding, it is really just a waiting game. It took several days (and lots of half way nervous breakdowns on my behalf) before any of my chams would eat from the cup. I observed where my chams preferred to bask, hang out, ect. and just moved their cups around to accommodate this, and eventually it's like a little light bulb comes on for them, and you will catch them stalking the cup. After they know where it is, then they will easily feed from it. Just be insistent, don't give up, and if you get too worried that they are not eating, throw a couple crix in there to roam, and stick a few silkies on a branch. Good luck! :)

Thanks I am worrying. I got a jackson chameleon yesterday I still have not seen her eat. I out them in there loose but I pick them all back out at night. She pretty much stays in one spot. Except when she crawls around drinking. She hides behind the leaves when I spray.

Thanks I am worrying. I got a jackson chameleon yesterday I still have not seen her eat. I out them in there loose but I pick them all back out at night. She pretty much stays in one spot. Except when she crawls around drinking. She hides behind the leaves when I spray.

Don't worry, it will happen. It's good she is drinking water...chams can go much longer without food than they can water. Just stick with it, put the cup where she can see it, try different spots, and soon enough she will surprise you!

I am going to put his feeder cup in an area he likes to hang out. He is in a large cage 2x2x4. I know yhis is big because he is a baby so I partitioned it off so it is 2x2x36. I have a huge umbrella tree sometimes it takes a second to see him :).

I like to make my chams hunt for the cup. I put it in a spot where it won't get misted and away from the basking spot. Usually on a lower level where I know he cruises, and below the branch level so that he will see food when they look down

My fella waits by his cup thats when i know he is hungy :) some times if i am putting grass hoppers in his encloseure he will just pick one off my hand. I love him such a crazy animal

Back
Top Bottom