Feeding crickets with Kaytee exact formula?

Kito

hello I will really appreciate any advises! I have 5 months old male Jackson. My vet recommended to feed crickets with kaytee exact hand feeding formula. Does anyone try that? If yes should I still use some extra supplements? Thank You

Never heard of the stuff but I looked it up and see that it's bird feed. The ingredients do not look ideal to me. Just a few : "Ground Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Ground Oat Groats, Ground Wheat, Wheat Middlings, Corn Oil, Dried Whole Egg, Soy Protein Isolate, Dried Beet Pulp, Dicalcium Phosphate"

I'd say no. Look up Sandrachameleon's gutload here on the forums for some great ideas. You could also add some Cricket Crack and or Bug Burger as well.

Never heard of the stuff but I looked it up and see that it's bird feed. The ingredients do not look ideal to me. Just a few : "Ground Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Ground Oat Groats, Ground Wheat, Wheat Middlings, Corn Oil, Dried Whole Egg, Soy Protein Isolate, Dried Beet Pulp, Dicalcium Phosphate"

I'd say no. Look up Sandrachameleon's gutload here on the forums for some great ideas. You could also add some Cricket Crack and or Bug Burger as well.
Thank You !!!

Yeah I'd say that's a big no on that stuff. Socialnumb's comments are on point. You can also try feeding fruits and veggies. When we cook everyday, we usually have all sorts of scraps of carrots, sweet potatoes, kale, collards etc that are good gutload for crickets as well.

My crickets get a bit of everything- including crushed parrot pellets, ground rat chow along with thier usual seed/nut/veggie etc mix- because that is what I have easily on hand. If I happened to have leftover parrot handfeeding formula in the house I would probably add that to the mix too, but I don't think I'd go out and purposefully buy some when there are less expensive and more effective alternatives.

Thank You everyone for all Your tips and advises :)
SocialNumb one more time thanks for going out of Your way to check that out!

Back
Top Bottom