Feeding Crickets Tip

Casket_Case

Avid Member
I don’t know about anyone else but I really hate when I pick up a paper towel roll of crickets and they start jumping out of the top onto my hand and into my floor and then hide everywhere in my house and start chirping. But I started putting masking tape over one side of the roll:
4F73D888-E41A-4208-9509-76366DFEE26F.jpeg

And they don’t jump out! Just shake the ones on the outside off and there should still be some left in, then they can’t jump outta the top and escape. Just thought I’d share :D

Nice! I use egg crates and tap them into a small Tupperware in their enclosure. The crickets do tend to escape 😂. You might already be aware of this but if you get banded crickets they don't chirp.

Nice! I use egg crates and tap them into a small Tupperware in their enclosure. The crickets do tend to escape 😂. You might already be aware of this but if you get banded crickets they don't chirp.
I get banded crickets and they chirp as adults :0 I buy them from a bait shop so they’re later in life

Lol. If they crawl on me uninvited, it's a different story.
OMG they’ll get outta the cup and crawl on Van (my chameleon) and he looks up at me and I’m like “Holy crap he doesn’t even know it’s there” and I’m trying to blow it off and he’s getting angry that I’m blowing on him 😂🤣

I don’t know about anyone else but I really hate when I pick up a paper towel roll of crickets and they start jumping out of the top onto my hand and into my floor and then hide everywhere in my house and start chirping. But I started putting masking tape over one side of the roll:
View attachment 315614
And they don’t jump out! Just shake the ones on the outside off and there should still be some left in, then they can’t jump outta the top and escape. Just thought I’d share :D
I really, really hate crickets too😖. I do something similar..I fold over one end with a tight crease

Back
Top Bottom