Feeding Charlie

The crickets I’m feeding Charlie are small but most of the time I feed him and he ate the cricket he does that move from the video. I’m quiet worried that there is something wrong with him, I had him 2 weeks now, he is all most 3 month old.
That snake movement with his body is fine as well? He lets me feed him with tongues and he takes is most of the time but he doesn’t like my hand near him. He puffs up and sometimes opens his mouth.
If I was reading the signs good with him sucking in and making himself taller,that means he is scared of me, right? I would like to break that habit if I can and show him he doesn’t need to be scared of me. I have been hand feeding him since I took him home and he takes some of them but so far no luck with my hand being close to him.
Should I take him out of his cage? Haven’t done that yet or give home more time? I’m just scared that if I wait to long he wants nothing to do with me.

He’s just trying to move the cricket forther down into his stomach.

Yes, he is terrified of you. Do not take him out of his cage. It usually takes time to settle in. He will trust you in time but you can’t try to hurry him along, just continue what your doing and keep working on the hand feeding. It’s the bast way to establish trust.

He’s just trying to move the cricket forther down into his stomach.

Yes, he is terrified of you. Do not take him out of his cage. It usually takes time to settle in. He will trust you in time but you can’t try to hurry him along, just continue what your doing and keep working on the hand feeding. It’s the bast way to establish trust.
Thank you for your reply. I wouldn’t take him out yet because I know he is still very scared of me and my hand. Apart from hand feeding him to gain trust I was thinking to maybe sitting close by him would that help aswell or better not??

Back
Top Bottom