feeding baby

davieb769

as most of you already know i have a 3-4 week old veiled chameleon, and ive just been having the hardest time figuring out a way to feed him. i cant really let the crickets go in the tank because i currently have a temporary 10gal setup with a screen top with holes that are too big. any suggestions would be really appreciated!!

Are the crickets getting out of the top? You can line the top of the tank along the upper parts of the glass with a slick tape like packing tape and then the crickets won't be able to get out. I keep my babies (they are now 2.5 months old) in large plastic totes and I have never had a problem with large pins of 1/4" crix escaping.

well i have a plant in the tank that reaches the top so all they have to do is climb to the top of the plant and jump out of the screen top. i think i just might need to rearrange my tank setup so nothing is touching the top

yea!!! he finally ate out of his cup! i actually downgraded it to a smaller one because the first one i had in their was too tall, i wont even have to worry about this once my new cage arrives. i ordered a small silver screen cage from LLLREPTILE, has anyone ever got anything from these guys before?

Last edited:
Yea, this is one of the reason why my chams only get fed silkworms. Only once has the girlfriend found an escaped silkworm crawling around in the kitchen lol. Plus they're a lot more nutricious than crickets, higher in calcium and moisture. My experience with crickets is they always find a way to escape lol.

-Dave

Yea, this is one of the reason why my chams only get fed silkworms. Only once has the girlfriend found an escaped silkworm crawling around in the kitchen lol. Plus they're a lot more nutricious than crickets, higher in calcium and moisture. My experience with crickets is they always find a way to escape lol.

-Dave

The problem with this is that there is virtually no chitin in a silkworm only diet and it is important for them.
Variety is the real recipe for success.

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom