feeders?

Availability is tough so I'd take it where you can get em.check out the sponsors page I'm sure one of them has stock available also check the classified section on the site

Availability is tough so I'd take it where you can get em.check out the sponsors page I'm sure one of them has stock available also check the classified section on the site

Hi there welcome to the forum? Is it the translucent in your pic? If so please share a pic of him for me lol

As far as feeders... Here are our site sponsors https://www.chameleonforums.com/sponsors/?tag=food
sadly no that one is my sister's but i will happily send you a pic

What is the best website to buy feeders for my male veiled chameleon?
What's "best"? Which is more important to you—price or service?

Insect feeders are such a competitive business, between supply & demand, employee turnover, COVID (and all that comes with that) and other factors.

I keep a small spreadsheet of vendors. When time to order, I run down the list, check for prices, sales, shipping, etc. and try to order from the vendor that has the most items I want (usually a savings on shipping, but not always.)

Everyone's different, so everyone has their own shopping criteria.

Insect feeders are such a competitive business, between supply & demand, employee turnover, COVID (and all that comes with that) and other factors.

I keep a small spreadsheet of vendors. When time to order, I run down the list, check for prices, sales, shipping, etc. and try to order from the vendor that has the most items I want (usually a savings on shipping, but not always.)

I want a website that has the best prices and service

I want a website that has the best prices and service
That wasn't the question, but good luck with that—sincerely.

I have nothing against dubiaroaches.com I understand their service is excellent, but right now—today—they do not have the best price. In just going down the list of dubia roaches for sale on google, I didn't have to go past the first page to find at least 3 vendors with lower prices on 100 half-inch roaches. (On other sizes, they may have the best price, but I had to choose something for comparison, and when I order roaches, I order half-inch.) Do those vendors provide good service? IDK, but I have no reason to believe they don't. Some I checked were out of stock; one had a sale because they had a surplus.

Like I said, it's a competitive business. I believe the folks above like dubiaroaches.com because their service and product are good, and price is secondary.

Last edited:
That wasn't the question, but good luck with that—sincerely.

I have nothing against dubiaroaches.com I understand their service is excellent, but right now—today—they do not have the best price. In just going down the list of dubia roaches for sale on google, I didn't have to go past the first page to find at least 3 vendors with lower prices on 100 half-inch roaches. (On other sizes, they may have the best price, but I had to choose something for comparison, and when I order roaches, I order half-inch.) Do those vendors provide good service? IDK, but I have no reason to believe they don't. Some I checked were out of stock; one had a sale because they had a surplus.

Like I said, it's a competitive business. I believe the folks above like dubiaroaches.com because their service and product are good, and price is secondary.
Also don't have to pay $15 for shipping alone like a few of these other sites

What would you say is your go to?

It really is a question with no real answer tho
"Which is more important to you—price or service?" is a question with no real answer? :unsure:

Considering the customer loyalty (and/or complaints) expressed about/for feeder vendors on this forum, I'd say the overwhelming answer is service. If it were price, I think folks would bounce from vendor to vendor with each order to save that $10-$20 per order (avg.)

I said...

...so I have no single "go to".
Yes... but what's your go to?? 🤣🤣 I'm jk!

I agree with Klyde... I have tried a couple places and the good ones I have experienced I will jot down and remember. People have different prices at different times so it's always good to look around for what's available during that time. 😁

Yes... but what's your go to?? 🤣🤣 I'm jk!

I agree with Klyde... I have tried a couple places and the good ones I have experienced I will jot down do and remember. People have different prices at different times so it's always good to look around for what's available during that time. 😁
Thank you. That's why the little spreadsheet. The short list of vendors has hotlinks to the exact feeder(s), & size I typically order. I still have to specify quantity, and I do routinely check shipping, because I've seen that change as well. It typically takes less than a half-hour to run through and place an order.

But as the old punchline goes, "Twenty dollars is twenty dollars!"

lindasgonebuggie is amazing. Her prices are good and understandable. She has 25 baby hornworms for $10 and 50 silks for around $16.

If you want silks at higher quantity beastmodesilks is also great.
i do beast mode, of all the vendors i like them for pre orders ( i never run out ) and they use the best shipping and storage method IMO silks are my guys favorite and easiest for me to keep in my situation along with bsfl so I've ordered from everyone beast mode is the best for silk... no more dead worms or gross mess of frass and silk they won me over with that

Back
Top Bottom