Feedback on crickets and keeping crickets

siryups

Anyone use any of these products and is there any feedback/discussions about what to feed crickets.

Attachments

• 0398E5F5-EF9A-4F05-AD73-5BEF8ADFCABB.png
    0398E5F5-EF9A-4F05-AD73-5BEF8ADFCABB.png
    583.6 KB · Views: 99
  • CD7B6E80-E2A3-4C96-8177-70DBF1FD1FC3.png
    CD7B6E80-E2A3-4C96-8177-70DBF1FD1FC3.png
    613.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 0B1841EE-8A56-4900-A0E1-46ED9E65B013.png
    0B1841EE-8A56-4900-A0E1-46ED9E65B013.png
    742.9 KB · Views: 94
I use the cricket pen but I really should switch to a tub since the keepers cannot support as many crickets as I need.

As for the food, do not buy that stuff it has no nutritional value to the cham. Buy cricket crack or bug burger. I provide both to my feeders.

thank you that’s what I figured but how do you keep the crickets hydrated??

With bug burger you mix it with water and it makes a gel. I found that using these 2 also helps keep the cage cleaner since there is no water.

I take 1 scoop repashy bug burger and 1scoop of repashy superload with 6 scoops of water.

I also provide them with cricket crack or a gutload that @Matt Vanilla Gorilla made. I like to give them a variety so they give my chams a variety.

If your going to buy a cricket pen, buy the big one. Thats the size we are using and it works great unless you hold more then a 100 large.

Yeah I think they say it hold less but 100 is about all I can get away with in these. I have like 3 of them. I liked the tubes but I do t even use them anymore because there isn't enough room haha. I need the space for egg crate.

I really need to switch to a tub. Haha.

I use the cricket pen but the large size. But I only keep about 75 crickets at a time in it. Don’t waste your money on the small one. They pop out the top of it and it makes for a disaster trying to get it to swap feed and clean. I have two large ones so I can rotate into a totally clean bin every few days. Or if I have a new shipment of crickets.

Definitely get the large cricket pen, like Beman I have two so I can rotate, I keep about 75-100 at a time, crickets are smelly so I clean everyday and rotate them to a clean pen with fresh fruit and veggies. It’s a lot of work but they stink less that way

Definitely get the large cricket pen, like Beman I have two so I can rotate, I keep about 75-100 at a time, crickets are smelly so I clean everyday and rotate them to a clean pen with fresh fruit and veggies. It’s a lot of work but they stink less that way
Exactly why I swap them out to the other pen every few days and then every time I get a new batch lol. Nastyyyyyy when they are left there.

I've had the small cricket keeper for a while and cleaning it or trying to replace the food in it is such a hassle! Especially when crickets are still inside. I now just just a large critter keeper with two cardboard tubes sticking out the sides (with tape on the ends to stop any escapes) saved me a bunch of money! ( seriously though they expect me to pay 20 bucks on a little plastic container)

I use the small one. Usually get 35/40 crickets at a time. I lose maybe 3-5 over the course of 4 days. Feed fresh food, dry load, and I do use the Fluckers calcium gel for their water source.

Back
Top Bottom