Feed superworms to crickets?

Pista-chio

Hi everyone.

I have superworms that my cham just won't eat. He has no desire for them. I was wondering if I could use these superworms as a food source for my crickets. Would the crickets eat the superworms? It would be nice to not let them go to waste, and if I could use them as a feeding source for the crickets, I'll just toss them in the cricket tank.
I'm currently feeding my crickets a combination of the fluker's orange cubes, fluker's dry cricket food, fluker's calcium cricket quencher, sliced carrots, potatoes and blueberries, as well as some dry oatmeal. I kind of made a smorgasbord of food for these crickets because I'm not sure which food they prefer. It's simpler to give them all the choices, rather than limit them, I think.
If I can throw these unwanted superworms in my cricket tank, please let me know. Cosmo just does NOT want them.

Thanks for your input!

No, you really do not want to do this. I would also suggest switching your gutload for your crickets. If you want easy then get repashy bug burger and mix as directed. otherwise do the fresh veg in the types and in the amounts on the image below.

chameleon-gutload.jpg

No, you really do not want to do this. I would also suggest switching your gutload for your crickets. If you want easy then get repashy bug burger and mix as directed. otherwise do the fresh veg in the types and in the amounts on the image below.

View attachment 295261
Thank you! I'll definitely switch my food sources and just flush the superworms. I appreciate your response!

Thank you! I'll definitely switch my food sources and just flush the superworms. I appreciate your response!
I do want to ask... How long should I leave this mixture in my cricket tank? Do I let them eat it entirely or should I change it out for fresh food after a certain period of time? This is the first I've seen of this picture/information so I'd you can spare a little more help, I would be super thankful.

I do want to ask... How long should I leave this mixture in my cricket tank? Do I let them eat it entirely or should I change it out for fresh food after a certain period of time? This is the first I've seen of this picture/information so I'd you can spare a little more help, I would be super thankful

View attachment 295261
I do want to ask... How long should I leave this mixture in my cricket tank? Do I let them eat it entirely or should I change it out for fresh food after a certain period of time? This is the first I've seen of this picture/information so I'd you can spare a little more help, I would be super thankful

Your welcome. lol don't flush them... Take them to a local pet store they will more then likely take them from you. Or put an add on craigslist for them for free. Someone may really need feeders and you could help them out.

With the gutload if your doing fresh veg mix you want to change this out every day. With repashy every other day take out old add new. I use the lids to things like sour cream and cottage cheese containers for gutload. I find them to be the perfect depth so that the bugs can crawl in but I do not have a nasty mess in the bin.
Toilet paper rolls work great for the cricket containers for them to crawl on and keeps them from attacking one another.

This website has a fantastic husbandry program... read through it if you have questions please come here and let us help you https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Last edited:
With the gutload if your doing fresh veg mix you want to change this out every day. With repashy every other day take out old add new. I use the lids to things like sour cream and cottage cheese containers for gutload. I find them to be the perfect depth so that the bugs can crawl in but I do not have a nasty mess in the bin.
Toilet paper rolls work great for the cricket containers for them to crawl on and keeps them from attacking one another.

This website has a fantastic husbandry program... read through it if you have questions please come here and let us help you https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
Thanks for your help! I made my own food using the screenshot you posted above. My greens were a mix of collards and mustard greens. I used a mix of carrots and green peppers, then some blueberries and bananas. I chose these because I had the carrots, peppers, berries and banana on hand, and the greens were on sale at my small-town grocer. For the dry portion, I couldn't access any of the bee pollen, mulberry leaves or other items listed, so I added my dry Fluker's calcium diet. I hope that would be sufficient until I get a proper dry ingredient for this.

I blended it all up into a paste, spread it on a paper plate, and popped it into the freezer for an hour. After it froze, I chopped it up into 1 inch cubes, then stored them all in a freezer safe bag. I feel this will be easier when it's feeding time - unthaw a cube, rather than try to unthaw a whole container.

Thanks for your help! I made my own food using the screenshot you posted above. My greens were a mix of collards and mustard greens. I used a mix of carrots and green peppers, then some blueberries and bananas. I chose these because I had the carrots, peppers, berries and banana on hand, and the greens were on sale at my small-town grocer. For the dry portion, I couldn't access any of the bee pollen, mulberry leaves or other items listed, so I added my dry Fluker's calcium diet. I hope that would be sufficient until I get a proper dry ingredient for this.

I blended it all up into a paste, spread it on a paper plate, and popped it into the freezer for an hour. After it froze, I chopped it up into 1 inch cubes, then stored them all in a freezer safe bag. I feel this will be easier when it's feeding time - unthaw a cube, rather than try to unthaw a whole container.
Sounds good. Alot of people will freeze and thaw to feed. Just remember you want to change this daily or it gets nasty and will mold.

I doubt crickets would eat superworms, they have fairly hard shells and the superworms are just as likely to eat them. Wouldn't hurt if they did though, just kinda weird gutload heh.

Back
Top Bottom