FedEx shipping for feeders

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
Who would be willing to pay for 2 day shipping for feeder insects with increased rates that FedEx offers for the safety of knowing you insects are being shipped through FedEx? I am wondering cause I usually do Usps priority but I have been having such a terrible time using it I plan to use FedEx almost exclusively except for certain things. However their cost is more. So I wonder who would be willing to pay it. I don't trust that the weather will get better next year so I need a reliable system.

I feel like usps always comes quicker and is better i pay 20$ for 1000 crickets it came like day and hald after being shipped and its 20$ with shipping. Only lost ab 30-50 from shipping rest are healthy i just always seem to have issues with fedex taking forever :/

I feel like usps always comes quicker and is better i pay 20$ for 1000 crickets it came like day and hald after being shipped and its 20$ with shipping. Only lost ab 30-50 from shipping rest are healthy i just always seem to have issues with fedex taking forever :/
That's interesting, it's the opposite for me. And I have been having such an issue with USPS priority. Do you do express shipment or priority with USPS?

where do you get 1000 crickets shipped for $20?

I use USPS priority most of the time but sometimes Fedex Home Delivery or UPS can be good too if the ship to and from location are close by. For light boxes you can also use first class mail which is very cheap. I shipped a lot of micro feeders that way.

I honestly go with what’s cheapest and fastest
What do you do when it becomes unreliable?

I have had 2 packages lost this year and 8 1-2 weeks late in a 4 month span. I am not ok with losing feeders at all especially if it's due to something I can't control and alter.

What do you do when it becomes unreliable?

I have had 2 packages lost this year and 8 1-2 weeks late in a 4 month span. I am not ok with losing feeders at all especially if it's due to something I can't control and alter.
I’ve never had a package lost or damaged, yet. If/when that happens, my opinion will without a doubt change, though

I am honestly terrified to ship again using USPS because of this issue. But I think I just need to suck it up and bite the bullet and a ship a test package. I am just honestly terrified.

What usps service are you getting the supplier to ship with? I recommend priority which is 2 to 3 business days.
If that's what's already done then call your supplier and ask them if they are willing to ship via another method.

I am doing the shipping which is why I am so invested in this. I use minimum USPS priority. Sometimes I have expressed it out of desperation. Even express shipments have been weeks late.

I used to ship corals.... From Maryland between UPS and Fedex I could ship standard ground to at least 6 states and have it arrive next day. So check into that for semi local.

I order from critterdepot all the time to get the $20/1000 cricket deal and I rarely see dead ones.

They ship USPS or UPS and either one is fine.

Has anyone had specific problems this year compared to most? I had more issues this year than any. Though then again the fires this year were constant for Cali so maybe the rainy season would be a good time to ship anymore this year... I definitely want to do test packages. The sad thing about shipping in winter is the other half of the US where most of my clients have ordered from are covered in snow. I am just seriously hoping it gets better. Sounds like I need to look at prices and offer possible options to people to ship with.... Hmm decisions and maybe finally a conclusion to fixing things.

OK just ordered $20 of 3/4" crickets from critter depot. They are shipping by fedex. Lets see how well they ship from the east coast to the pacific northwest. I'll update with pics when I get them.

Back
Top Bottom