• Votes: 3 6.3%

• Votes: 1 2.1%

• Votes: 4 8.3%

• Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
is anyone else having a hard time accessing the comments on the photos on there phone? I can’t seem to actually open the link to the photo contest.
The interface needs some improvements. There are currently 3 options. As mentioned above you can click the square with arrow but that opens a new tab. You can click the photo description but not everyone leaves a description. Another option is to refresh the page. Improvements should be coming soon.

The interface needs some improvements. There are currently 3 options. As mentioned above you can click the square with arrow but that opens a new tab. You can click the photo description but not everyone leaves a description. Another option is to refresh the page. Improvements should be coming soon.
Thank you 💜

PXL_20210215_183331893.jpg
Charlotte is abit miffed she couldn't take part this months pageant 🥺

Guys - I know we are all passionate about our chams and their adorable little faces... but the photo contest is a one-of-a-kind contest with a valuable prize - reoccurring every month! It is super generous of Brad and the sponsors to run, and a lot of work, too.

Every month there is disappointment (understandably), and sometimes even bickering about it. This month especially. If we make it something that just causes drama - or even more work for Brad - we might lose the privilege. It IS a privilege, and it IS a competition. The best photo should win... and if your photo isnt chosen, we are lucky to be able to keep trying!!

It seems like Brad put a lot of thought into how to make the contest fair for everyone, and its unfortunate to see it cause so much drama lately. He’s a better person than I am, because if it were me, I probably wouldn’t Have the patience to keep doing it.

She’s lovely!
She’s lovely!
Guys - I know we are all passionate about our chams and their adorable little faces... but the photo contest is a one-of-a-kind contest with a valuable prize - reoccurring every month! It is super generous of Brad and the sponsors to run, and a lot of work, too.

Every month there is disappointment (understandably), and sometimes even bickering about it. This month especially. If we make it something that just causes drama - or even more work for Brad - we might lose the privilege. It IS a privilege, and it IS a competition. The best photo should win... and if your photo isnt chosen, we are lucky to be able to keep trying!!

It seems like Brad put a lot of thought into how to make the contest fair for everyone, and its unfortunate to see it cause so much drama lately. He’s a better person than I am, because if it were me, I probably wouldn’t Have the patience to keep doing it.
Im not objecting the contest to have these special exclusions i like to see the rarer species, but why are there panthers and veiled making the cut when it was in the rules not to enter these specifically.

Hey hey now, we all know Sunny is the cutest and everyone should vote for him. NM that super adorable sleeping baby pic........sooo last year :mad:. I might have to throw in free roaches for every vote Sunny gets and take this parenting competition to the next level!

🤪 Just playing with you AmandaS, good luck!
Lol! Of course I was joking too.
We should vote for the best pic

In the past I’ve had two chameleons that had MBD and their legs or back was a bit deformed, Mufasa and Hendershot. Both have been in the photo contest. I can’t remember if
Sorry @cham girl really disappointed your photo didnt get in. I seen nothing wrong with it but I guess that's just my opinion. I'm hoping for for the best for your little guy.💙
Me too I was just trying to win some bugs to feed the guys
Sorry @cham girl really disappointed your photo didnt get in. I seen nothing wrong with it but I guess that's just my opinion. I'm hoping for for the best for your little guy.💙
so extremely grateful for your kindness It meant a lot to me.

Hey hey now, we all know Sunny is the cutest and everyone should vote for him. NM that super adorable sleeping baby pic........sooo last year :mad:. I might have to throw in free roaches for every vote Sunny gets and take this parenting competition to the next level!

🤪 Just playing with you AmandaS, good luck!
Lol! Of course I was joking too.
We should vote for the best pic
I mean if y’all can’t decide you can vote for my cute Jane 😅

I want to offer some clarity on how chameleons with MBD or other health issues are currently handled in photo contests. If a contest entry shows a chameleon that is weak with severe health problems then the photo is considered ineligible. If the chameleon looks like it may have recovered from a previous injury or disease then it will sometimes get a pass. All eligible contest entries enter a grading process where points are reduced for specific reasons that range from photo composition to observable health problems. This is how the initial entry count is reduced to a more manageable number for voting. There are dozens of criteria used but a few more examples include cage screen, humans and unnatural looking backgrounds. The photo in question this month was considered eligible and it did enter the grading process.

It's been many years since those contest rules were created. When I get a chance I'll review them and better explain the process. If you ever see an issue with a contest entry feel free to contact a staff member privately. Reasons could include concerns about health, filters, copyrights, etc.

Back
Top Bottom