• Votes: 3 6.3%

• Votes: 1 2.1%

• Votes: 4 8.3%

• Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You reep what you sow. If you want to give up in a photo contest before the contest starts that is a call that is on you.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Touché 😊
I’ll see what I can do. I was able to scrape out a second place with my only qualifying entry so far, but I don’t have anything like that right now. I’ll go dust off the DSLR and see if inspiration finds me 😂

I honestly think the composition of the photos need to be more thought out... I prefer the ones that look natural. Where I am not seeing a screen cage, someone's hand, a car in the background etc. Pictures where the chameleon is the focus and is in focus... I have seen some entries where the lighting is awful and where there is clearly a filter being used that make it through...
I’m truly sad to see this post because when you have MBD chameleons sometimes they can’t pose , Sometimes they can’t walk and have to be carried and sometimes they are weak because they have been inbred to have unique colors but it doesn’t mean they’re filtered, that accusation should not be put out there to make people feel what you’re saying is true. I’ve been looking at the site for three years before I entered my babies because they were deformed and I felt nobody would pick them or allow them.

I’m truly sad to see this post because when you have MBD chameleons sometimes they can’t pose , Sometimes they can’t walk and have to be carried and sometimes they are weak because they have been inbred to have unique colors but it doesn’t mean they’re filtered, that accusation should not be put out there to make people feel what you’re saying is true. I’ve been looking at the site for three years before I entered my babies because they were deformed and I felt nobody would pick them or allow them.
I don’t think @Beman is saying anything disparaging about entering Chams with MBD.

You’ve been great by the way thank you... he was unable to walk at first when I got him and would Literally look like he’s smiling and Pop beautiful colors from the sunshine ,but when people say obviously filtered it puts it in other peoples heads when it’s not true and shouldn’t be said.

As a disclaimer, this is not me trying to start an issue, just me saying a different side of the argument, which I am neutral on. One of the rules for entering a photo in the photo contests on here is that a cham must be healthy, which some would argue that a cham with visible MBD would not fit that criteria. Here is the exact quote:
  • The chameleon must be in good health (wild chams excluded).

As a disclaimer, this is not me trying to start an issue, just me saying a different side of the argument, which I am neutral on. One of the rules for entering a photo in the photo contests on here is that a cham must be healthy, which some would argue that a cham with visible MBD would not fit that criteria. Here is the exact quote:
  • The chameleon must be in good health (wild chams excluded).
If he had MBD in the passed IMO he’s healthy now if it’s no longer progressing. What do you think, @Brad?

I fully empathize with the dilemma of having rehabilitated a chameleon with mbd or other issues and wanting to show it off by entering it into the photo contest. However, the contest rules do stipulate that the entries demonstrate good health and husbandry and that is for a reason. While the chameleon may have recovered from lots of excellent care and love, it is not a good representation of what a healthy cham should look like. Someone who doesn’t know any better may come along and think it’s fine and normal for a chameleon to have deformities.
Perhaps adding a new contest or something similar that will enable those with special chameleons to show them off and maybe share their stories of recovery would be a nice thing to add. What do you think @Brad ?

I understand where you are coming from but this was a general statement and her opinion which I agree with. I’m not sure why you feel like it is aimed at you... I have entered photos (as many others have) that have had things in the background, hand, screen, etc. If it meets the criteria and makes it through yay if not oh well. If someone thinks my photo is filtered and it’s not, that’s their view. I’m not going to make a post to defend it because I don’t need to. I take no offense to this comment. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Pictures are looked at subjectively because we all are unique in thought and personality.

In the past I’ve had two chameleons that had MBD and their legs or back was a bit deformed, Mufasa and Hendershot. Both have been in the photo contest. I can’t remember if either won.

Attachments

• 7F1AA35D-D6F4-48D0-8DBC-72EB8EC88FAB.jpeg
    7F1AA35D-D6F4-48D0-8DBC-72EB8EC88FAB.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 4D2C0E99-E11D-4E93-A27C-2FD54E5363A4.jpeg
    4D2C0E99-E11D-4E93-A27C-2FD54E5363A4.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 102
There are more rare species keeper than that. However there used to be many more rare species chameleon keepers than that on this site.

I think having a look at rare species of chameleon in captivity is great. However I have got issues with Endangered species being in captivity though.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I understand where you are coming from but this was a general statement and her opinion which I agree with. I’m not sure why you feel like it is aimed at you... I have entered photos (as many others have) that have had things in the background, hand, screen, etc. If it meets the criteria and makes it through yay if not oh well. If someone thinks my photo is filtered and it’s not, that’s their view. I’m not going to make a post to defend it because I don’t need to. I take no offense to this comment. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Pictures are looked at subjectively because we all are unique in thought and personality.
True the Vote will choose I apologize for being sensitive ....this is so hard to try to save these guys and when I lost one last month that someone had abandon and he fought so hard to live I just became emotional sorry!

Back
Top Bottom