Sticky Tongue Farms
Critter Depot
Calcigrubs
Reptile Supply
Mantis Place
Rebecca Wang Art
iPardalis

1st place: $50 gift certificate :cool:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: February 13, 2020
  • To enter the contest click here and look for the Add Media button.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the entry deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules.

dates
entry deadline: February 13
voting: February 14 - February 28
contest results will be announced on March 2, 2021

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest and feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Nobody is talking about this month photo contest. I am looking forward to this months contest. One thing though I could use a reprieve from all the Chamaeleo calypatratus and Furcifer pardalis posts. Just to species limited and way over done for me. This is a family (Chamaeleonidae) that has a strong species selection to choose from. I could handle watching more variety of species in these contests.

If you have got a rare/less commonly seen species post whether it is the Uncommon Species Photo Contest or normal Photo Contest.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Nobody is talking about this month photo contest. I am looking forward to this months contest. One thing though I could use a reprieve from all the Chamaeleo calypatratus and Furcifer pardalis posts. Just to species limited and way over done for me. This is a family (Chamaeleonidae) that has a strong species selection to choose from. I could handle watching more variety of species in these contests.

If you have got a rare/less commonly seen species post whether it is the Uncommon Species Photo Contest or normal Photo Contest.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I entered my willsii for you

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I know you hate seeing all the Veileds and Panthers but that is what most people have that are in the forum.

The people that have the rarer species are not as active and barely share their pics. So then you get a lot of people voting that have no idea what these other species really are or how special and rare they are compared to a Veiled or a Panther. They pick what they know and are familiar with.

I can say that after seeing all the images so far entered I have already chosen which I would vote for and it is neither a Veiled or a Panther.

I know you hate seeing all the Veileds and Panthers but that is what most people have that are in the forum.

The people that have the rarer species are not as active and barely share their pics. So then you get a lot of people voting that have no idea what these other species really are or how special and rare they are compared to a Veiled or a Panther. They pick what they know and are familiar with.

I can say that after seeing all the images so far entered I have already chosen which I would vote for and it is neither a Veiled or a Panther.

The Chameleon Forums was not always like that a mostly two species site. There was a not to distant time when most of the posts were Chamaeleo calypatratus and Furcifer pardalis. However there was a good well represented group of rarer species (rare not endangered species) keepers and posts on the Chameleon Forums. Whether those keepers have moved on or are just lurking now? Who is to say? I am attempting to advocate to revive those posts and conversations here on the Chameleon Forums.

Those posts were great reads! Jozette I read all your Furcifer willsiii posts.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
The Chameleon Forums was not always like that a mostly two species site. There was a not to distant time when most of the posts were Chamaeleo calypatratus and Furcifer pardalis. However there was a good well represented group of rarer species (rare not endangered species) keepers and posts on the Chameleon Forums. Whether those keepers have moved on or are just lurking now? Who is to say? I am attempting to advocacy to revive those posts and conversations here on the Chameleon Forums.

Those posts were great reads! Jozette I read all your Furcifer willsiii posts.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I agree I really enjoy seeing posts from you, Bob Cochran, Mawtyplant and other keepers that have the rarer species. Hopefully there will be more interaction within the forum so that other people can learn about the wonderful species that they do not get to see every day.

I agree I really enjoy seeing posts from you, Bob Cochran, Mawtyplant and other keepers that have the rarer species. Hopefully there will be more interaction within the forum so that other people can learn about the wonderful species that they do not get to see every day.

There are more rare species keeper than that. However there used to be many more rare species chameleon keepers than that on this site.

I think having a look at rare species of chameleon in captivity is great. However I have got issues with Endangered species being in captivity though.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
There are more rare species keeper than that. However there used to be many more rare species of chameleon keeper than that on this site.

I think having a look at rare species of chameleon in captivity is great. However I have got issues with Endangered species being in captivity though.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I love seeing all chameleons but I agree seeing some of the rarer species would be fun.

I love seeing all chameleons but I agree seeing some of the rarer species would be fun.
I had a great time. I think I was not the only one either.
I like the idea of a contest with more variety. I look forward to participating in such a contest. This month I entered a common species although I think he has flare😉
I listen to AFI. Actually just attempting to revive something on this site that was well established not to long ago.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I honestly think the composition of the photos need to be more thought out... I prefer the ones that look natural. Where I am not seeing a screen cage, someone's hand, a car in the background etc. Pictures where the chameleon is the focus and is in focus... I have seen some entries where the lighting is awful and where there is clearly a filter being used that make it through...

I honestly think the composition of the photos need to be more thought out... I prefer the ones that look natural. Where I am not seeing a screen cage, someone's hand, a car in the background etc. Pictures where the chameleon is the focus and is in focus... I have seen some entries where the lighting is awful and where there is clearly a filter being used that make it through...
Maybe #Brad should start a blog or thread about what are the CHameleon Forums expectations of photo enteries in the photo contests. I suggest.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I believe that the photo contest has rules. That the photo should be in focus and be of a health cham. Perhaps photo should be removed that do not follow the stated outline? Maybe they all are 🤔

I believe that the photo contest has rules. That the photo should be in focus and be of a health cham. Perhaps photo should be removed that do not follow the stated outline? Maybe they all are 🤔

The rules all show up here

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/photo-contest-rules.102/

I’ve broken them already and been politely and correctly removed from previous contests 😂
I was thinking not of rules. More along the lines of what makes a great or quality picture in the photo contests as a blog or thread. I have aspirations of wining or placing in three or four of these contest maybe more. I want to participate in these contest every now and then. They are not my main deal though. However when you look at who has won the majority of the photo contests. They are dominated by two or three members. I counted and one member has won or placed over 50 times. A thread about what makes a great photo contest picture is logical.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I was thinking not of rules. More along the lines of what makes a great or quality picture in the photo contests as a blog or thread. I have aspirations of wining or placing in three or four of these contest maybe more. I want to participate in these contest every now and then. They are not my main deal though. However when you look at who has won the majority of the photo contests. They are dominated by two or three members. I counted and one member has won or placed over 50 times. A thread about what makes a great photo contest picture is logical.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I don’t think the logic of such a thread is in any way in question.
I’m not surprised at all that a few people win the majority of the contests. It’s likely they have the equipment, ability, desire, and artistic talent to make a great photo. It would be great to hear from them.
I and I’m sure many others here are shooting occasional photos with our phones when our animal looks great to us, but I never take them with any intention of entering them (or any talent)
I’d love to hear from members who have the know how and talent. Knowing the rules of composition and sizing, etc is still necessary for submission

https://chameleonacademy.com/ep-165-chameleon-photography-with-briana-obrien/

I don’t think the logic of such a thread is in any way in question.
I’m not surprised at all that a few people win the majority of the contests. It’s likely they have the equipment, ability, desire, and artistic talent to make a great photo. It would be great to hear from them.
I and I’m sure many others here are shooting occasional photos with our phones when our animal looks great to us, but I never take them with any intention of entering them (or any talent)
I’d love to hear from members who have the know how and talent. Knowing the rules of composition and sizing, etc is still necessary for submission

https://chameleonacademy.com/ep-165-chameleon-photography-with-briana-obrien/
You reep what you sow. If you want to give up in a photo contest before the contest starts that is a call that is on you.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom