Staff member
Chameleon Photo Contest
:D February 2009
:D
view entries

Theme: No

Win A Gift Certificate To: ... you choose :cool:

1st place: $50 gift certificate :eek:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: February 15, 2009
  • To submit your photo, click here.
  • Fill out the form and click submit.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the submission deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules. The contest rules have recently been updated.

dates
entry deadline: February 16
voting: February 16 - February 28
contest results will be announced on March 2 2009

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

The Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Last edited:
rule change

Please Note:
The rules have changed slightly concerning minimum image size. The longest side must now be at least 800 pixels. Previously, the minimum was 600 pixels.

Photo Contest Rules
The largest side must be at least 800 pixels. The size ratio (smaller side / larger side) must be >= .65.

the dimensions for my photos are like 3504x2336, and it wont let me upload any pics. why?
and why cant i upload from photobucket. i believe i used to be able to.

the dimensions for my photos are like 3504x2336, and it wont let me upload any pics. why?
and why cant i upload from photobucket. i believe i used to be able to.

Too large! If you want me to resize it for you send me a email tbdesigns @ gmail . com

yeah, that was from a while ago. the new ones are bigger files, and better pics. too lazy though. im off school cuz im sick, so i have time.

Brad,

I vote for a no saturation rule. If you are having your computer saturate it or your camera...does not matter. Check out this website:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d300/picture-control.htm

Cameras are becoming more and more like computers with their settings...so I vote no saturation on pics (yea artists do it to make it look better, but they are doing it to sell the pics).

Chris

Agreed. It is the same as manipulating the photo with software like Photoshop, even if it is a camera setting. It misrepresents the animal.

Brad,

I vote for a no saturation rule. If you are having your computer saturate it or your camera...does not matter. Check out this website:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d300/picture-control.htm

Cameras are becoming more and more like computers with their settings...so I vote no saturation on pics (yea artists do it to make it look better, but they are doing it to sell the pics).

Chris

how that is crazy haha I did not know cameras had that kind of setting. but ya i agree that is a very good rule.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but i havent read much about photo contests... So is there like.. a theme ever?

Does anyone ever win with a 200 Fujifilm digital camera (Pretty crappy)

Id like to try this, that'll be neat :p

First time entering for me! :D

No editing for me, I prefer to go all naturaaaal. :)

edit: I just noticed it resized it to 600 pix? when it needs to be 800 pix.. uh oh..

Technically a digital camera only shoots in B&W. Everything else is just interpolation based on how the light is passing through filters on the surrounding pixels of the sensor. All cameras are different in how they interpolate this data, and settings vary greatly between manufacturers.

Agreed. It is the same as manipulating the photo with software like Photoshop, even if it is a camera setting. It misrepresents the animal.

I just entered my pic for fun, Im not a serious contender since Im not even in the US, besides I suck at photography. I thought he looked cute though. :)

I sent in my pic in hopes of the gift certificate. I've spent 700 dollars already on my first cham, and I still need to buy his adult cage >_< Baby Fry has got me broke. I used photoshop to resize my picture because its so easy, but I didnt alter the picture in any way. I hope that doesnt disqualify me :(

-Andrea

Back
Top Bottom