Administrator
Staff member
Chameleon Photo Contest
:D February 2008
:D
view entries

Win A Gift Certificate To: ... you choose :cool:

1st place: $50 gift certificate :eek:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: February 15, 2007
  • To submit your photo, click here.
  • Fill out the form and click submit.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the submission deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules. The contest rules have recently been updated.

dates
entry deadline: February 15
voting: February 16 - February 29
contest results will be announced on March 2 2007

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

The Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Last edited:
Read the rules. I entered for my first time this month and didn't know you couldn't edit photos check it out its the i see the fog

Entry phase ends February 15 (Friday)

I recently removed all photos that did not meet the size/proportion requirement. Multiple entries by the same member have also been removed.

The entry count is reduced before voting begins. View the contest rules for info. If you would like to know why your specific entry did not advance, please send me a pm.

are these the only pictures that are in the contest?? because i sent in a pic and it is not up there..did u break a rule or something?lol

Brad, I have been gone a while - what's the deal with voting for yourself? If it's ok, and everyone's doing it, I'll do it too. Otherwise, I'll not vote.

Eric

are these the only pictures that are in the contest?? because i sent in a pic and it is not up there..did u break a rule or something?lol
There is an entry reduction phase before voting begins.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/photo-contest-rules-102/

Brad, I have been gone a while - what's the deal with voting for yourself? If it's ok, and everyone's doing it, I'll do it too. Otherwise, I'll not vote.

Eric
Hi Eric. There are no restrictions that prevent one from voting for themselves and I assume the behavior is common among participating members.

The Results

The Results​

1st place: Arjan
Species: Furcifer minor
Common: Lesser Chameleon
Sex: male

2nd place: Calavera
Species: Furcifer pardalis
Common: Panther Chameleon

2nd place: royden
Species: Furcifer pardalis
Common: Panther Chameleon

If you are not familiar with how the contest works, please review the [THREAD=102]contest rules[/THREAD].

open member vote
The top ranked photos from the open member voting received the following points:
photo 08 => 5 pts (Arjan)
photo 06 => 3 pts (Calavera)
photo 04 => 1 pts (EXO)

judge rankings
We had three judges this month: FL Chams, Will Hayward, and myself
The judges, in no specific order, gave the following rankings:

judge1:
photo 10 => 3 pts (Eric Adrignola)
photo 08 => 2 pts (Arjan)
photo 04 => 1 pts (EXO)

judge2:
photo 08 => 3 pts (Arjan)
photo 02 => 2 pts (chameleon76)
photo 06 => 1 pts (Calavera)

judge3:
photo 05 => 3 pts (royden)
photo 08 => 2 pts (Arjan)
photo 02 => 1 pts (chameleon76)

point totals
photo 08 - Arjan: 12 pts
photo 06 - Calavera: 4 pts
photo 05 - royden: 3 pts
photo 10 - Eric Adrignola: 3 pts
photo 02 - chameleon76: 3 pts
photo 04 - EXO: 2 pts

All photos were excellent. Thanks to everyone who participated. There is always room for improvement, so if anyone has a suggestion please create a new thread in the photo contest or feedback forums. If you prefer to remain anonymous you can send me an email.

Medals have been awarded.
Congratulations to the winners :) :D

i think pictures should not have the name of the person who it belongs to for the voting. that way voting can be completly about the picture and not who took it, just incase that may happen. just a suggestion

Back
Top Bottom