Administrator
Staff member
Chameleon Photo Contest
:D February 2006
:D
view entries

Win A Gift Certificate To: Chameleons Only :cool:

1st place: $50 gift certificate :eek:
If they prefer, overseas winners may choose a $40 Amazon gift certificate.

Chameleons Only offers more than high quality captive bred chameleons. In fact, I would not have offered this contest prize if they did not. They sell cages, supplies, and have a great collection of chameleon books/resources for sale.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: February 14, 2006
  • To submit your photo, click here.
  • Fill out the form and click submit.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the submission deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules. The contest rules have recently been updated.

dates
entry deadline: Feb 14, 2006
voting: Feb 15 - Feb 28 2006
voting by judges: Feb 28 2006
contest results will be announced on Mar 1 2006

**Update:
Some changes have been made. Only one photo per member is allowed. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

Note:
Please review the contest rules. I am going to start enforcing them more, especially the rule on signs of improper husbandry. Also, future contests might not always have a prize of this value.

The Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Last edited:
Once again Brad, thank you very much for hosting another one of these with such a great prize!! :D

Last edited:
I think I might enter this next competition. I need to take some more photos first though but I know who I'm going to enter;)

More Photos!!

Come on guys. I'm itchin to win me $50 to kammerflage. We need more pics!!! Today is the last day to register, unless the mods extend it. Good luck to everyone already registered.

P.S. Just for the record...I think I might have to vote for LunaC. Those quads get me every time.

The deadline for photo entries will be extended until a minimum of 10 valid photos are received. I will send out an email to all members to try and get some more participants. If anyone does not want to receive contest notifications by email, you can choose that option in your control panel.

After receiving the E-mail from Brad I decided to quickly enter my only decent photo of Ollie. I did intend to enter him but I was hoping to get a better photo. I haven't been able to take any more photos of him at the moment because he isn't well and I don't want to stress him out further by disturbing him for a photo. Poor chameleon is on Baytril but one day I like to think he will look exquisite after making a full recovery:)

chamgirl:
thanks for participating. I hope Ollie returns to good health soon.

I got the email too late :(

I guess it must have come last night and only saw it this morning :confused: Guess I'll have to pop over here more often, huh? Getting my new Nosy Be :D soon, could have used that $$! :rolleyes: He's a "winner" already at just 2 months! Do you do this (contest) regularly?

lele

Hello lele,

The contest is actually still accepting entries. I have extended the deadline until we get a minimum of 10 photos. The prizes will change, but I do plan on keeping the contests a regular event.

btw- Thanks for your great article on hornworms at chameleon news: article link. Like your article on silkworms, it has been very beneficial. :)

Wow this is nice of you for doing this!

I would enter, but I dont think either one of my baby Veileds would get any votes judging by the pictures of everyone elses hehe.

Good Luck everyone!

The entry period is over and voting will begin this evening.

Last edited:
Oops!!!

I am so sorry, I just read the e-mail and submitted the pic right then, I didn't realize the entry deadline was over. Please remove my pic and perhaps I will catch the next contest :p

Jamie

Sorry I did not realize the contest had closed...I don't have internet at my home and saw that the contest was still open (< 10 pics meeting the
requirements) last evening before I left my university computer lab. I brought my disc with pictures to the lab this am...but changed my mind about which one to send just before my 9 AM class and assumed the contest would still be open at noon when my class finished. Anyway, you are free, of course, to do what you like with these last entries including mine. Perhaps it would have been better if "a 24-hour warning" or something were issued informing when the contest would "officially" be closed. I see that 50% of the entries were submitted after the initial 02/14 deadline...and there may be others scrambling to locate a last minute picture to submit for this contest (maybe could not earlier today because they were at work). Personally, I think more submissions make it a better contest...(and for this contest each entry is from a separate member.)

By the way...great looking cham Jamie...is that an Ambilobe?

Chamgirl said:
Brad - have you noticed since you declared the contest closed two more entries have appeared?:eek:

I think I created a little confusion with my post this morning. I did not close the contest entry phase until later this afternoon (4:50PM CST). Jamie was the last to submit and beat the time by 40 minutes. Sorry about the confusion.

Nosferatu: Since voting has not begun, I am going to open the contest entry for 30 minutes.

Oh I just realized you already submitted a photo and reread your post. No one submitted late; this confusion was all caused by a poorly worded post I made this morning.

Last edited:
I had a new voting layout, but I've run into some unexpected bugs. If they are not fixed within the next hour I will post the regular poll format. I don't particularly like the the look of the previous contest polls, but they will get the job done until I can fix the problems in the new format.

---
looks like we will be using the older format this month.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom