feaces

i do give her locusts, waxworms, mealworms, lettuce and other things i find in the house. waht species do u keep?:)

Out of curiosity, when chams are in the wild...nobody is there to regulate how much it eats right? So why do we do this in captivity?

that is a good point but in my opinion,in the wild they would be hunting for their food the same as any free range creature,in captivity they are not so free to cover such a big area so it easier for them to get overweight,Also gutloading must also come into it.we gutload with the best nutritional value we can,but it's never going to be as good as if the bugs were in the natural wild envoirement.So while we try to cover everything sometimes we need to make decisions for the best interest of the chameleon.
again feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

i do give her locusts, waxworms, mealworms, lettuce and other things i find in the house. waht species do u keep?:)
don't give her too many waxies if you can help it they are a very high fat content and her liver will store it,if you give her mealies try and give her the moulted ones as the chitin is hard for them to digest

a lot:
damaranum/thamnobates
oxyrinha
parsonii/globifer
spinosus/acuminatus/temporalis/brevicaudatus/nchisiensis
thieli
jacksonii merumontanus/deremensis/johnstoni/pfefferi/quadricornis/tempeli
and for a week or so Chamaeleo chamaeleo :eek:
I hope I don't forget some

a lot:
damaranum/thamnobates
oxyrinha
parsonii/globifer
spinosus/acuminatus/temporalis/brevicaudatus/nchisiensis
thieli
jacksonii merumontanus/deremensis/johnstoni/pfefferi/quadricornis/tempeli
and for a week or so Chamaeleo chamaeleo :eek:
I hope I don't forget some
show off hahaaa naaaaa i'm joking:D

eisentrauti...why only one week for C. chamaeleons??

How long did you have the thieli for...or do you still have them? They are so good at playing dead!

Back
Top Bottom