• Rhampholeon

Votes: 15 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
Which genus is your favorite? Is there a specific feature found in the genus that influenced your decision? Maybe a particular species or geographic area helped to determine your favorite? Some genera have very few member species, but to be thorough I included all nine.

i like mountain chams more then anything else so it was easy for me.
crazy colors are cool but i like the horns and sails more.

Bradypodions for sure, but mainly the kind nobody can get. The pumilums, thamnobates and dracs. Not really sure why, I guess because the look so much like what you think a chameleon should look like but much smaller. Maybe it's because most are unobtainable now.

I was thinking Emily Litella. But then she preceeded Rosanna RosannaDana. Both were Gilda's characters. They don't make them like that anymore, do they?

But, we need to get back on track with this thread before Jane sees this. :p

I would have to say Chamaeleo, because of veileds, Meller's, and Dwarf Jacksons.

I would have to say Chamaeleo, because of veileds, Meller's, and Dwarf Jacksons.

I second that!
And add to it: wiedersheimi, cristatus and africanus.

All the chameleons that I work with, or want to work with are in this Genus:
*calyptratus
*arabicus
*dilepis
*senegalensis

-Brad

This is a really hard poll. I am having a real hard time deciding:

Brookesia: B. perarmata, B. vadoni, B. decaryi...

Chamaeleo: Ch. namaquensis, Ch. hoehnelii, Ch. laterispinis, Ch. pfefferi, Ch. wiedersheimi...

Calumma: C. parsonii, C. furcifer, C. gallus, C. globifer, C. tigris, C. cucullatum...

Rhampholeon: R. spinosus, R. acuminatus, R. viridis...

Furcifer: F. minor, F. angeli, F. labordi, F. balteatus...

Bradypodion: B. dracomontanum, B. damaranum, B. pumilum, B. gutturale, B. thamnobates...

Kinyongia: K. tenuis, K. uthmoelleri, K. carpenteri, K. xenorhina, K. oxyrhina, K. matschiei, K. vosseleri...

I guess I have to vote Kinyongia though...For the number of species in the genus that simply knock me over relative to the total number of species in the genus, I have a hard time beating them. I love Calumma and the other genera one heck of a lot but I really like the Kinyongia...

Chris

Rhampholeon deff second best and then panthers, i'm not sure what they come under though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom