Favorite chameleon products

This is a great idea to put together a list! I only suggest you include the type and wattage for the heat bulb, as this seems to be the most confusing thing.

I’m new at this so probably find many things to be game changers…

Waterproof thermometer/hydrometer

MistKing (trying to maintain night humidity by hand is a chore and my veiled actually likes the fine mist and will sit right under it but hated the spray bottle even if the mist didn’t touch her)

Feeder I can hang from a screen and remove easily to clean and keep dry during night misting. And one that keeps crickets in. I use this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002DH288?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Polka dot plants, my veiled loves them! Seeing her excitement color change when she got it and watching her take a few bites was great. She takes a couple bites each morning and then heads to her basking spot. I feel like things that seem to add to their routine and enrichment are game changers to me.

My microclimate dimming stat with built in timer for aux channel which i run the arcadia uv and plant light from, i think is amazing piece of kit. Gives you a 24 hour log of basking branch temperature and a percentage of dimming so too know when to up or lower wattage on heat bulb. Means for my chameleon i only need two power sockets to run everything.
I use those govee wifi timers for my feeders and the work too
PXL_20210816_194754281.NIGHT.jpg

@suprdude there's no set wattage for basking bulbs as one size doesn't fit all different countries, different houses its best to keep a good selection and always keep spares. I keep 35,50,75,100

I know they aren’t the best things to buy off Amazon, but live plants. Oddly there have been several forum members who have had difficulty finding safe plants at their local stores. Also, while there are better sources for feeders, many are available on Amazon and I believe Josh’s Frogs sells some there. Many new keepers are clueless about where to buy silks, roaches and even bsfl.
Also, drainage/tray solutions such as https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-ReptiBreeze-Substrate-X-Large/dp/B0164R03RW/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3GWYWAW4BB97C&dchild=1&keywords=reptibreeze+tray&qid=1629325910&sprefix=ReptiBreeze,aps,206&sr=8-1
Let’s not forget something appropriate to place your XL ReptiBreeze on and place for drainage bucket below. https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-ReptiBreeze-Stand-Shelf/dp/B079P6RH3M/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2X2SCG0BGMZAF&dchild=1&keywords=reptibreeze+stand&qid=1629325958&sprefix=reptibreeze+,aps,207&sr=8-2
Just added in some plants and bugs :)

Amazon is just so much more expensive than lots of other places to get supplies, so I say make a list but not an Amazon one, and give some examples of other places to buy

Amazon is just so much more expensive than lots of other places to get supplies, so I say make a list but not an Amazon one, and give some examples of other places to buy
While I would agree with that, I get asked ALL the time "Do you have an Amazon link for that?" A lot of new keepers are looking for the convenience of having one place to shop for all of the things they can't get at their local Petco.

Back
Top Bottom