Favorite Chameleon Food!

antithesis123

An essential key to keeping your chameleon healthy and happy is to feed him or his princess a variety of different insects. What is your chameleons absolute favorite food to eat. I can tell you that all three of mine love horn worms but I wonder if there's somethnig else they might like that I've never tried.. walking sticks? Dragon flies? Dunno! Never tried. I do know that my chams can see a horn worm 4 feet away when I'm getting it ready to feed to them. For fun I'm going to put one on my nose and video what happens.

So, Please tell me a story, share your chams favorite food! I love to watch those videos like DEZ has on her youtube page where she feeds her awesome chams supers by hand.

I'm indifferent to wether or not this thread has probably been done before. IT's a new day!
Green, leafy skies!
Brian

Mine go nuts for butterworms! It's like chameleon crack to them, they come running over and don't take two secons to aim and shoot. They love them! And then crickets are still a classic favorite with mine, more than roaches or a couple other worms. I'd love to get my hands on more exotic feeders, but I don't have the budget I would like to experiment with ordering different things. I've wanted to get them butterflies for a while now, and I think I might soon. I free range my guys in a room so it would be fun to sit and watch them go after them and see how long it takes. If that doesn't give them a physical and mental work out, I don't know what will!

An essential key to keeping your chameleon healthy and happy is to feed him or his princess a variety of different insects. What is your chameleons absolute favorite food to eat. I can tell you that all three of mine love horn worms but I wonder if there's somethnig else they might like that I've never tried.. walking sticks? Dragon flies? Dunno! Never tried. I do know that my chams can see a horn worm 4 feet away when I'm getting it ready to feed to them. For fun I'm going to put one on my nose and video what happens.

So, Please tell me a story, share your chams favorite food! I love to watch those videos like DEZ has on her youtube page where she feeds her awesome chams supers by hand.

I'm indifferent to wether or not this thread has probably been done before. IT's a new day!
Green, leafy skies!
Brian

Mine will do most anything for terrestrial isopods or indian walking sticks. These two feeders are eaten INSTANTLY by all of my chameleons, always. They also really like moths, but I dont get to offer those often.

A few of my chameleons also really like silkworms, a few really really likes supers, two are very fond of butters. But none of these are as well liked as the isopods or sticks. I also have a chameleon that will not eat supers, and one that prefers not to eat silkworms most of the time.

My chams can smell the hornworms when the fedex guy drops them off lol. I've actually been bit handfeeding a hornworm to my biggest panther.....OUCH! They don't last longer than a min in the cage so I would say they are our favorites.

So far Levi really likes silkworms. Thats the only thing that he will handfeed from me. Today I let my mom try to hand feed him and he wouldnt even look her way but the instant that I took it from here and held my hand in the same spot and distance he took it quick. It was almost as if he was not recognizing the hand so he wasnt comfortable taking it from her. It was really cute!!

Mine seem to want to eat anything that moves and is near them, haha. The few times I've fed my female a roach, though, she like lept across the cage and dominated it within seconds. My male likes hornworms. He has a tongue injury that makes shooting at prey difficult for him, even with a cup it sometimes takes him a few tries. Hornworms just sit there and he can walk up and bite them, and that's why I think he likes them so much.

I'm a little bummed that I got a bunch of Butter worms to try something new and my panthers weren't interested. No matter- my geckos eat anything so does my veiled.

Where can you find "indian walking sticks"?.. Terrestrial isopods? you mean pill or tomato bugs? Never tried them

Back
Top Bottom