fattening up baby veiled

e30nate

i just got my little fez on sunday from LLL reptile, and he looks pretty skinny. you can see his ribs and he looks thin. my question is, are there any feeders i can give him other than crickets that will fatten him up. ive seen him eat crickets out of the feeder cup. yesterday he ate 10 and today he ate 8 about 1/4 inch.

DSCN0867.jpg

my little guy loves butter worms and silkworms they seem to be very good. as well as easy for him to swallow i think because they r soft

Ribs aren't a bad thing :) they don't get a whole lot of fat there anyways.

An otherwise healthy chameleon with no parasites should gain all the weight it needs from healthy gutloaded feeders. Using fatty foods instead would be like a human trying to gain weight with fried foods and soda. A treat every now and then is good, but not all the time.

Edit: it's the tail/hips, spine, and fat pads that you want to look at for weight, but a scale is even better! Post a pic if you want other people's opinions on his weight.

Ribs aren't a bad thing :) they don't get a whole lot of fat there anyways.

An otherwise healthy chameleon with no parasites should gain all the weight it needs from healthy gutloaded feeders. Using fatty foods instead would be like a human trying to gain weight with fried foods and soda. A treat every now and then is good, but not all the time.

Edit: it's the tail/hips, spine, and fat pads that you want to look at for weight, but a scale is even better! Post a pic if you want other people's opinions on his weight.

thats a good thing to know. i dont want him to be unhealthy, i just wasnt sure if i should try feeding him different feeders, or keep with what im feeding him now. thanks for the info. i also posted a pic of him stretched out. its not very good, but its all i could get.

Back
Top Bottom