fall!!!!! :(

cloverthechameleon

Avid Member
i was cleaning my female veiled cage today and when i took her out she fell about 3 feet but she hit a plant and it kinda broke her fall but she slipped of the plant and fell another foot or so she seems to be alright is their any way i can make sure she is fine ( she fell on carpet)

check her arms and legs for breaks... see if her behavior changes at all..

my cham fell about 3 feet not long ago, he turned bright and climbed right back on up and.. that was that. think he had a bruise but otherwise he was totally fine.

She most likely is perfectly fine. Chameleons are made to fall. They puff up their bodies like a bouncy ball before they hit the ground.

chams are pretty good at falling. I would just look her over good watch her walk and keep an eye out for bruises. She is most likely fine
jmo
hoj

Like everyone else said, dont worry about it. Just keep an eye on her and as long as she continues to act normally, she should be fine.
My male veiled leaped out of my hands on a suicide mission once and fell about 4 feet, when he was only 5 months old. He was stunned for a few minutes, kinda like a wtf just happened?!? and then he continued on his way.
FYI, if you see any black marks appear, it could be a bruise, if you find one, put her in the shower once a day for about 15 minutes. When my guy somehow bruised his tail, i found that the shower helped the bruise heal faster. It still took several weeks for the small bruise to go away, but I think it worked wonders on it.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom