Fall from my neck 5.5 feet

Thanh Tran

Hi everyone ! 2 Days ago my FEMALE baby veiled chameleon ( 4 month old) fell from my neck to the ground. She used to climbing or moving normally but recently day she not often go or climbing ( moving or climbing look normal but not usually ). All day , she just go to the basking spot and climbing to the top of enclosure stay there all the time . She drinking and eating OK . Does she get stressed because the fell ?
tempImagefvfgSz.jpg

Welcome to the forums! In order for us to best help you, could you send pictures of your chameleon, the entire cage, and the lights on top of the cage. In addition to these pictures (which you can take tomorrow if your lights are already off), fill out the form below using as much detail as you can.

And just to clarify, your chameleon is moving correctly but she's just not moving as often? She could potentially have an injury, but if she is moving normally, then it doesn't sound too serious. The best thing you can do is take her to a vet, but we will try our best to help. Make sure to send us pictures and fill out the form below.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

It doesn't sound bad, if she's still acting normal then I'd say she's fine. Chameleons in the wild drop from their trees as a last resort to get away from a predator, so unless it was an extremely long fall on a super hard surface I'd say she's fine.

If your chameleon is running away from you, I'd say that handling her is probably not the best idea until you build some trust with her. Handling her is probably more stressful than the fall she had if she's trying to get away from you.

Back
Top Bottom