fake succulents?

xxaprilrose

Established Member
So I was at michaels yesterday and saw some really beautiful, colorful, fake succulents. I picked some up because even if I cant use them, ill find another use. But anyways, would these be safe in an enclosure? They are SUPER thick, honestly if I tried to bit it off I do not think I could by any means. Because of this, I assume it may be safe as the chameleon wouldnt be able to eat it but I would rather ask than be sorry. On another note, I did go out in search of plants for the enclosure (havent purchased yet) and I am not finding any FULL plants out there. They're all like baby plants so they dont have much thickness or height. When I get my chameleon next month from Framschams he will be about 3 months I believe... will I need to buy some fake plants just to have for hiding until the plants all fill out? Or do I just need to buy like 30 different plants to do it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.

I'm in the "live plants ONLY" camp. Live plants help increase and maintain humidity.
I use live succulents in my beardie's enclosure because those little turds will rip plants out by their roots just for fun. They'll also worry the bejeeberz out of thick leaves—live or plastic.

Try the big box stores:
Home Despot​
Lowes​
Walmart​
Etc.​

They usually have larger plants just inside from their outdoor garden centers.

EDIT:
Aldi​

Last edited:
I'm in the "live plants ONLY" camp. Live plants help increase and maintain humidity.
I use live succulents in my beardie's enclosure because those little turds will rip plants out by their roots just for fun. They'll also worry the bejeeberz out of thick leaves—live or plastic.

Try the big box stores:
Home Despot​
Lowes​
Walmart​
Etc.​

They usually have larger plants just inside from their outdoor garden centers.
Thank u! The succulents would have just been for some pops of color. As for finding more real plans I’ll go check some more places out. I have a feeling I was just going to the wrong places OR they had all been purchased and I just saw the ones left that nobody wanted lol I did go to Lowe’s and Home Depot but I have more in my area that I’ll check out. Thanks again!

The big box stores often get new shipments weekly. If you can find the dept. manager, ask what day of the week that is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom