Facing inside the cage??

Sonny13

Chameleon Enthusiast
Have been observing, that since I placed forest printed screens around the cage (one side and back), she is more then 70% a day facing the screens. In other words staring into the woods ;-)
Before the screens she always faced towards the living room. Only when she goes to sleep, that´s always the opposite (open) corner hanging in the leaves, she faces the living room..

Have more people been observing such behaviour?

Have been observing, that since I placed forest printed screens around the cage (one side and back), she is more then 70% a day facing the screens. In other words staring into the woods ;-)
Before the screens she always faced towards the living room. Only when she goes to sleep, that´s always the opposite (open) corner hanging in the leaves, she faces the living room..

Have more people been observing such behaviour?
This could be stressing her out. Can you post a pic of the enclosure?

She behaves normal, eats normal and everything. Even non stressed colors (not flared or bright green).....it's just like she enjoys watching to the screen side. Keep moving around normally observing everything. As a human point of view, I sit my butt in corner and observe everything from there🤗

fhfhfhhf.jpg

She behaves normal, eats normal and everything. Even non stressed colors (not flared or bright green).....it's just like she enjoys watching to the screen side. Keep moving around normally observing everything. As a human point of view, I sit my butt in corner and observe everything from there🤗

View attachment 293008
Wow amazing enclosure, she could just be curious I guess, I'm not really sure though sorry I cant be of more help

She’s maybe getting used to it? Since she’s a veiled, I would take out the moss in her enclosure, as it’s an impaction risk waiting to happen. In the picture, is there a fogger going?

I’m going to hypothesize here. Kind of. Considering that your enclosure looks like it would be rather comfortable for her despite the background; I wonder, could the aesthetics of the background be making her feel even more comfortable? So much so that she can her turn her back on where she once faced??
Only other thought is possibly light-related. But I can’t think of how right now.

She’s maybe getting used to it? Since she’s a veiled, I would take out the moss in her enclosure, as it’s an impaction risk waiting to happen. In the picture, is there a fogger going?
That’s a fogger and was just for the test. Normally it only runs at night. Moss check👌🏻

I’m going to hypothesize here. Kind of. Considering that your enclosure looks like it would be rather comfortable for her despite the background; I wonder, could the aesthetics of the background be making her feel even more comfortable? So much so that she can her turn her back on where she once faced??
Only other thought is possibly light-related. But I can’t think of how right now.
That’s the question, can only say she’s relaxed and when I put in a feeder in the lower opposite side of the enclosure, i give it 30 sec and it’s hunted down.

I was lucky with the prints, it really looks like sunlight is coming trough the leaves of the canopy. And there's absolutely no light reflection. And yes the moss vines will be replaced with real branches this weekend ;)

ggfgggf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom