Facebook scares me

yeah, FB is bad for rep grps but i've just got in from a drive over to the lake district, saw a Yemen chameleon kept in a viv that was FAR too damn hot temp was off the Analogue thermostats max reading i.e. over 42c it was less than a month old, had a heat mat, the locusts they were trying to get it to eat were BIGGER than she was, the Humidity ion the viv was 27% etc etc etc,

yeah, FB is bad for rep grps but i've just got in from a drive over to the lake district, saw a Yemen chameleon kept in a viv that was FAR too damn hot temp was off the Analogue thermostats max reading i.e. over 42c it was less than a month old, had a heat mat, the locusts they were trying to get it to eat were BIGGER than she was, the Humidity ion the viv was 27% etc etc etc,

Did you say anything? :( poor little guy

Yeah, I told them all the things that were wrong with the husbandry( I may have been very blunt) they just laughed at me told me to get lost!!! Anyway got home and reported them to rspca and asked a friend that works in a reptile rescue centre to go in :)

Yeah, I told them all the things that were wrong with the husbandry( I may have been very blunt) they just laughed at me told me to get lost!!! Anyway got home and reported them to rspca and asked a friend that works in a reptile rescue centre to go in :)

Why do people ignore others that are telling them they're doing things wrong? If they have a big list of things that are wrong and they mention they've been keeping chams I would believe them.. I mean come on. Chameleons are CLEARLY rainforest-y animals (at least that's what the pictures you see them in say) so why put them in a beardie tank?

Did he go in the store?

Why do people ignore others that are telling them they're doing things wrong? If they have a big list of things that are wrong and they mention they've been keeping chams I would believe them.. I mean come on. Chameleons are CLEARLY rainforest-y animals (at least that's what the pictures you see them in say) so why put them in a beardie tank?

Did he go in the store?

Because people don't care. To the average person an animal is a dumb worthless creature whose main value is food, wool, or novelty incapable of pain or suffering. If you care you must be one of those peta wack jobs.

That may be a bit of an exaggeration, and there are plenty of good people, but there is a large portion of society who feels that way.

The real thing is the value of an animal's life and well being isn't recognized as anything important, add in the ego, and a person getting a pet for novelty rather than appreciation and you get what you're seeing.

update, was a complete git (in the chameleons favour) Council are looking into the stores licence to keep reps, my friend went and they were even worse than I thought :)

I quite like some of the groups on FB . If there is an opportunity to educate I do. I also have learned some things there, good and bad. I am happy to give the link to this forum. Some new members on here sometimes get a rough ride so if they find another source for knowledge that can only be good. There are also members on here that take no notice of any advice, they know it all. So if you don't like a group on FB it's easy to leave but it would be better to stay and persevere.:)

Back
Top Bottom