F1

Harambe_the_cham

Hey everyone not sure if it's a dumb question or not but are f1 baby's normally more aggressive due to the parents being wc ?
My guy is a savage bit me the other day while I was taking him out for a free climb and weight check hahah little guy has been that way since he came into my care at 4 months old very healthy and eats like a monster just hates me lol

I usually come from the bottom with a stick and give him the option to walk on himself I dont rush or push him at all. Often times when he reacts like that I close the enclosure and walk away I dont not like to stress him out but the other day I showed him my hand and he didnt puff up so I proceeded to put my hand under him and lifted him off his branch when I got him out he puffed up and actually bit me lol hes tried before but that time he got me he is usually great wen hes out of his home I have many plants I allow him to free climb on while I spot clean and full clean his enclosure. I just didnt know if he is like that because of the wild blood or if it's just normal cuz hes young my friends female same age is an angel and I have the other side of that arrangement with my little guy hahahaha

You've got the handling right!

I've had quite a few that are very easy to handle and I've had one that was an absolute devil....would chase after me to bite me. You'll get some that change to devils as they become mature. This can happen to females too. It's just the luck of the draw.

You've got the handling right!

I've had quite a few that are very easy to handle and I've had one that was an absolute devil....would chase after me to bite me. You'll get some that change to devils as they become mature. This can happen to females too. It's just the luck of the draw.
Question... Not to get too far off topic... Do you find that as they mature into older years that their less tolerant? Beman is very different with his moods now a days. Not sure if it is because he will be 3 years old in a few months or what.

Question... Not to get too far off topic... Do you find that as they mature into older years that their less tolerant? Beman is very different with his moods now a days. Not sure if it is because he will be 3 years old in a few months or what.
Many of them will become less tolerant as they get older but I've had quite a few keep their good temperament too. It's all a crap shoot.

Back
Top Bottom