F. Pardalis Ankaramy (Pink Panther)

Arjan

Here is a small update of my Ankaramy male.
This male is about one year old but he is rather small but growing very fast the last couple of weeks. It took a while when his color started too show and in my opinion he will be more pink in a while.

I read and heard that the Ankaramy juveniles are smaller compared too other Pardalis locales and they grow very slowly. Has any Ankaramy keeper noticed this as well?

IMG_2979T.jpg

IMG_2981T.jpg

IMG_2986T.jpg

Wow, what a gorgeous guy! I do hear that they grow a little more slowly and hatch out smaller than other Panthers. He looks fantastic though! I can't wait to get one!

Also, where did you get him?

I don't know about the size but I do know that Pinks can tend to be a little slower with coloration. I would say that at about 15 months they are fully colored. I can't tell with yours, but what is very nice about yours is that he doesn't have very much barring at all. That is one of the key factors that make a good Pink a good Pink. He looks good!

-Chris

Thanks for the replies! When I think he is fully grown up I will post some more pictures of the guy.

@CleanLineChameleons
That's what I expected so he still got a few months :)

@Kat77
I bought him from a friend in Slovenia. But in Europe it's pretty hard to get (good) pink panthers and in Holland there are just a few people who has got them and they don't have much luck breeding with them altough they are very experienced. So I have to travel long distances to get what I want. ;)

Last edited:
Arjon,

Ankaramy are fairly difficult to find here as well, they tend to come in from the importers in worse shape than other locales making it more difficult for breeders to work with this locale. You are from Almere (just have to add, you have to love Amsterdam), I have been told by friends of mine that there are many good Panther chameleon breeders in Holland, is that true? What are the common locales the breeders are working with? What are some of the more rare locales you know of that breeders are working with? Also, you said Ankaramy are hard to find there, what about Nosy Radama?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just interested in what the European markets are working with.

Thanks,

Chris

I do love Amsterdam :D. I lived their till I was 7 and then moved with my family to Almere (it's just a 20 minute drive).

In Holland there are some really good breeders but it's a small world. Germany has a lot more breeders so I visit the show in Hamm each time to get in contact with foreign breeders or to pick up chameleons.

The most common pardalis locales are I quess Sambava, Diego Suarez, Ambanja (blue), Ambilobe (blue and red bar) and Nosy Be. But nowadays you can get easily Nosy Mitsio, Blue Diamond and Ankify. I know that some good breeders started with Nosy Faly so I think next year they will be offered a lot.

Radama and Ankaramy are rare in Europe. I can count the good breeders on one hand and they live through all Europe. Rarely you can get locales such as Tamatave, Maroansetra, Sirama, Nosy Ankarea, Nosy Boraha.

Recently I've been looking for a Nosy Boraha and they seem to be pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to find here. Otherwise it sounds like what is common there is what is common here. It seems to me that a lot of people here right now are hatching Ankaramys and they are getting more and more popular in the States.
A friend of mine just got a couple of GORGEOUS Nosy Falys as a breeding pair. YAY!
Anyhow, I know I already mentioned this, but your little guy is gorgous. Post more pictures as he gets older!
I do love Amsterdam :D. I lived their till I was 7 and then moved with my family to Almere (it's just a 20 minute drive).

In Holland there are some really good breeders but it's a small world. Germany has a lot more breeders so I visit the show in Hamm each time to get in contact with foreign breeders or to pick up chameleons.

The most common pardalis locales are I quess Sambava, Diego Suarez, Ambanja (blue), Ambilobe (blue and red bar) and Nosy Be. But nowadays you can get easily Nosy Mitsio, Blue Diamond and Ankify. I know that some good breeders started with Nosy Faly so I think next year they will be offered a lot.

Radama and Ankaramy are rare in Europe. I can count the good breeders on one hand and they live through all Europe. Rarely you can get locales such as Tamatave, Maroansetra, Sirama, Nosy Ankarea, Nosy Boraha.

Back
Top Bottom