Eyes bulging while asleep?

CalamityCrow

Avid Member
Good evening folks.

Has anyone here experienced an otherwise healthy cham whose eyes bulge out while he's asleep? I have a ~1yo male panther (named Little Guy) and the last couple of nights, for a few hours during his sleep time, he's had his eyes closed but really bulged out. Both eyes seem to be "out" the same distance and they seem to go back to normal after he's asleep a while.

This isn't an issue when he's awake, or even for the entire length of time he's been asleep. I've also had a husbandry review and I appear to be doing things just fine. I have an Arcadia T5 light, calcium at every feeding, which is 3x a week, ~6ish gutloaded insects (or equivalent) per feeding, and every 2 weeks one feeding is vitamins or calcium with D3, alternating. I take him outside for ~15 mins a couple times a week (weather and temperament permitting).

He doesn't seem in any pain and hasn't been sleeping with his head up. His eyes don't bother him whatsoever during the day and it has me scratching my head because it's BOTH eyes equally doing this.

Thoughts?

(sorry the picture is sorta crappy. Of COURSE he chose to sleep in a weird spot with his butt towards me the time I want to take a picture of him...)

Attachments

• 20221005_214219.jpg
    20221005_214219.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 95
I have noticed this a few different times with Beman. Nothing seemed to be wrong the next morning as well. I am not sure why it happens but I think it is normal. I noticed it the first time when he was like 2 years old.

I have noticed this a few different times with Beman. Nothing seemed to be wrong the next morning as well. I am not sure why it happens but I think it is normal. I noticed it the first time when he was like 2 years old.
Thanks! Last night his eyes were completely normal lol. Chams can be so stinking weird sometimes....

Back
Top Bottom