Eye swollen and bleeding

So last week my boyfriend texted me while I was at work to say that Links eye was huge. He was acting totally normal so I figured he had irritated it and so I showered him and let him clean it then I flushed it with saline and it said online that this could happen and it would go down once he got it out.

Well then on Thursday he was rubbing it on his ledge and it started bleeding a lot. So I took him out and flushed it again and gently rubbed a Q-tip over it and I got a few blood clots out of it and he seemed to really be enjoying it being cleaned out as I'm sure it felt better.

He is still eating and drinking and acting like his normal self and there has been no more bleeding but its still swollen. I have made him a vet appointment but couldn't get in until Wednesday. So I figured I would see if anyone has any thoughts on this. I'm terrified I am going to lose him. :(

Attachments

• 1964928_923529364332669_3728402015949827543_n.jpg
    1964928_923529364332669_3728402015949827543_n.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 184
First of all I would recommend you take out anything rough that he could rub his eye on that would scratch it and make it bleed again.

Try emailing ferritinmyshoes or one of the other vets on this forum to see if she/they have any advice until you can get to a vet. I'm not a vet so I don't know what else to suggest in the meantime.

You're doing the right things. He either has something caught in his eye or potentially has an infection causing swelling. Keep a dripper running so he can rinse his eye as much as he wants. It will be almost impossible to stop him from rubbing it, so I agree with removing anything excessively rough that might scratch or further irritate his turret.

Is the eye equally swollen on all sides? More swollen on the bottom? Is there any visible lumps in the turret or just puffy?

Let us know what the vet says.

Its swollen all around but Id say a bit more at the top. Its defiantly gone down a lot when I checked him before leaving for work this morning. I took out his ledge that he was rubbing against but now he just rubs it against the sides of the terrarium. :rolleyes:

My silly boy

Back
Top Bottom