Eye stuck closed

Veiledcham1228

My chams left eye is now stuck closed, I tried to rinse it with saline last night an it seems to jus be worse what should I do?? Here are pics of her as of now

Attachments

• 20160413_080413.jpg
    20160413_080413.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 20160413_080410.jpg
    20160413_080410.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 196
Ok update! So after researching hydration of chams I turned the shower on Luke warm mist an got the humidity up then put both chams in the bathroom next to the warm shower on a plant that way they aren't getting directly sprayed, after a few minutes of taking the water in and rolling her eyes around Jasmine seems to be fine, turbo (the other female) is still in the process of taking in the water and rolling her eyes around even tho I didn't notice her eyes having any problems she still seems to be doing this as a bathing routine, I'm gonna let them hang out in there a few more minutes then take them out but it seems they just needed a warm shower since I haveno gotten a humidifier or mister yet, I can see this is now a priority item I need to purchase for them next!!

Ok update! So after researching hydration of chams I turned the shower on Luke warm mist an got the humidity up then put both chams in the bathroom next to the warm shower on a plant that way they aren't getting directly sprayed, after a few minutes of taking the water in and rolling her eyes around Jasmine seems to be fine, turbo (the other female) is still in the process of taking in the water and rolling her eyes around even tho I didn't notice her eyes having any problems she still seems to be doing this as a bathing routine, I'm gonna let them hang out in there a few more minutes then take them out but it seems they just needed a warm shower since I haveno gotten a humidifier or mister yet, I can see this is now a priority item I need to purchase for them next!!

I think an automatic mister is a necessary piece of equipment. Make sure you buy a good one that won't break if it runs out of water which will happen. I think MistKing sells a small set up for not much money.

We tend to forget that the minimal spraying we do to our indoor cages just doesn't recreate the slower moisture saturation a wild habitat's rain or fog can. If the misting cycles don't last long enough the cham can't clean its eyes or drink as well, and if the cage air is dry most of the time (when misting isn't happening) their eyes can suffer. Their bodies are adapted to living in relatively humid situations. We all know what "dry eyes" feels like, so imagine what that's like for a cham.

Even if your particular shower setup can't be used very easily for a cham's needs, I still think using an ultrasonic humidifier (planned well and monitored of course) can help keep a cham's indoor cage more comfortable throughout the day.

We tend to forget that the minimal spraying we do to our indoor cages just doesn't recreate the slower moisture saturation a wild habitat's rain or fog can. If the misting cycles don't last long enough the cham can't clean its eyes or drink as well, and if the cage air is dry most of the time (when misting isn't happening) their eyes can suffer. Their bodies are adapted to living in relatively humid situations. We all know what "dry eyes" feels like, so imagine what that's like for a cham.

Even if your particular shower setup can't be used very easily for a cham's needs, I still think using an ultrasonic humidifier (planned well and monitored of course) can help keep a cham's indoor cage more comfortable throughout the day.

Absolutely, thats the why the next purchase I'm doing is a mistking for their own enclosures, since the update I stopped using tap water with reptavite and only use purified water for their dropper and when I hand mist them, I've also stopped leaving the ceramic heater on 24/7 to only turning it on at night when the day lights are off to help keep the dry heat down since i dont have the automatic mister yet. They have both improved greatly and seem to be acting normally now. I just started a Dubia roach and black soldier fly larvae colonies I ordered from dubiaroaches.com and and they don't seem to like the dubias yet they will just stare at them then walk away and I'm scared they might not take to them, is this an issue or normal at first when starting chams on Dubias?

I just setup a Mistking and what a difference. Today is day 2, and when that sucker comes on Boba comes running for it, and goes back and forth, finally sitting in it. The first and last mist I leave for 4 min., and the other two 3 min. I mist every 3 hours. He has a piece of old shed I didn't notice on his turret, so he closes one eye now and then, opening when moving around, and hunting. He should be shedding any day now. Poor guy. Oh goTo Big Als online, use "couponcabin" for 10% off. 115$ shipped.

I just setup a Mistking and what a difference. Today is day 2, and when that sucker comes on Boba comes running for it, and goes back and forth, finally sitting in it. The first and last mist I leave for 4 min., and the other two 3 min. I mist every 3 hours. He has a piece of old shed I didn't notice on his turret, so he closes one eye now and then, opening when moving around, and hunting. He should be shedding any day now. Poor guy. Oh goTo Big Als online, use "couponcabin" for 10% off. 115$ shipped.
Good to know! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom