eye shedding

macross

My cham shed probably 2 weeks ago. I went to the vet about 1 week ago, and have since given him 1 drop of baytril a day and rubbed some nyastatin on his mouth 2-3 times a day to clear up a bacterial infection the vet told me he had. Since then, everything's been normal besides the parimiters of his eyes. They look like they haven't shed off. they're getting pretty crusty looking, and it worries me a little. I can see for sure that it's dead skin, but what can i help him do to get it off? should I mist him more, or should I give him a drier climate to help dry the skin out more?

Thanks for all your advise.

I would mist him with warm water. Put it in the sprayer hot, so it comes out warm. Test first to be on the safe side. You could also put him in a nice steamy shower. If you have a large plant, I would put him on the plant but make sure the water does not hit him directly. Aim it at the wall and have it bounce off and into the plant if possible. I think more humidity would aid in shedding and getting dry skin off than the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom