Eye Problems

SchizoBug

Hello,
I'm new to owning a chameleon, and since yesterday (10/21/14), my 6 month old veiled chameleon has not be eating. Today when I took him out of his tank, he began to rub his left side of his face on my hands. I realize now that he has something in his eye. I have already misted him, and was able to remove some sticky, clear substance. It still looks like he has it in there though. Is there still something lodged in there? Or is this actually an eye infection? As of right now, he only squishes closed his eye maybe every five minutes. Also, is there any way I can coax him into eating? I have his food out and I hold it out for him, but he doesn't seem explicitly interested. Should I just wait? And should I mist him again? Or take him into the shower?
Thanks for any help you guys can give me
Damika's Owner

I've had this problem before. It may be an eye infection, in which case he needs to see the vet. You can try putting him in the shower with luke warm water spraying against the wall so it "mists" on him for about 20 minutes. Could also be a vitamin deficiency... You should fill out the "how to ask for help" thing on here so people can better help you!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20141022_232621327.jpg
    IMG_20141022_232621327.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 138
Since it has clear fluid coming out and is somewhat deformed, I would guess its an infection. I would recommend you take him/her to a vet to have it looked at, and if it is an infection they can give you an antibiotic.

By the way, do you know if you chameleon is male or female?

My cham is female. Also, i noticed the bump in her eye is on her "good" eye. Her bad eye looks kind of dried out. I'm going to mist her, just to see if I can dislodge anything that may be stuck still.

Back
Top Bottom