Eye problems

amalthea23

So, my panther chameleon, Drogo, was having some eye issues. It seemed like some stuck shed. I rinsed it out and it got better, but now it's a bit runny. He seems to have ok vision, he's eating like crazy and hit shots are all on target. He's got a vet appointment on Wednesday morning (the exotic vet won't be in till them and I'm trapped at work today) but does anyone have any idea what I'm likely looking at? I'm hoping it's a minor infection, or maybe he got a scratch on his eye? I hope it's nothing major. I'm madly in love with this boy.

Ok, got some photos! (He's in a mood.)
full

full

The dry on his eyelids is most likely from the vetricyn I had on in case it was just irritation. His eye looks mostly ok right now, but I just don't like how it's a bit gummy in the morning. Can chams have allergies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Brought him into the vet today. Good news! He just had some irritation from a little piece of stuck shed. The vet pulled out a tiny piece of skin, and gave me gentamicin sulfate drops for him to get 3x a day for a week. His eye is already starting to look better to me. So happy I brought him in, totally worth the vet cost for the peace of mind.

Thanks! I was really nervous it would be something awful, but I guess we all need drops every now and then. And the vet said he looked great otherwise, which is always nice to hear!

Back
Top Bottom