Eye problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cbeal1

Hello Everyone,

Well i thought that my chameleons little eye issue was clearing up. he was keeping it closed sometimes, so i was giving him extra mistings and he wasnt doing it as much. Now he is keeping it closed.so i am posting some pics and hoping you can give me some advice on what to do.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG00039-20110224-1056.jpg
    IMG00039-20110224-1056.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG00038-20110224-1056.jpg
    IMG00038-20110224-1056.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 90
I have a 50 watt basking bulb. And a 24 inch reptisun 5.0. I.have a mistking setup to go off 5 times throughout the day for 2 mins each. He is now in a 175 gallon reptarium

I have a 50 watt basking bulb. And a 24 inch reptisun 5.0. I.have a mistking setup to go off 5 times throughout the day for 2 mins each. He is now in a 175 gallon reptarium

sounds good to me. i know certain bulbs can have some negative effects on chameleons, but I don't know enough to say for sure. That's something I've been meaning to read up on. My next guess would be bacteria or something in his eye. How often do you clean his cage and do you have anything in there that can breed bacteria? I'm no expert, but from what you've said everything seems good. A vet visit can never hurt if he needs meds.

Well I don't think its my lights and I don't think its my supplementing. I have calcium without D3, calcium with d3, and Herptevite for a multivitamin. And I use the supplement schedule that's recommended on the forums. I'm was wondering if it could be the baby bio vines I have. There are a very ruff vin and maybe a piece got in his eye or something.

Well I don't think its my lights and I don't think its my supplementing. I have calcium without D3, calcium with d3, and Herptevite for a multivitamin. And I use the supplement schedule that's recommended on the forums. I'm was wondering if it could be the baby bio vines I have. There are a very ruff vin and maybe a piece got in his eye or something.

everything must be considered, since you're not sure what is going on with your little guy. one of my panthers currently has an eye issue also and im going crazy trying to figure it out. most have said it is a bruise on his eye when I thought it was a burn. not fun, and I understand how you feel.

everything must be considered, since you're not sure what is going on with your little guy. one of my panthers currently has an eye issue also and im going crazy trying to figure it out. most have said it is a bruise on his eye when I thought it was a burn. not fun, and I understand how you feel.

Thank you for understanding.:) i think that i will try some Terramycin if a nice long shower doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom