eye problem

steppedinds

yesterday I noticed Blue, my nosy be female, wasn't opening her right eye. I tried washing it out with some saline solution. Then today I noticed a small swollen spot on the same eye. Just got back from the vet and she had a plug in her ocular-nasal cavity. She was able to flush it out, and Blue is looking much better. I was amazed when she brought her back into the room that her eye was wide open. I should have gotten a pic of the plug and the goo that she got out. The plug was a small ball, whitish-clear in color, and very hard. The goo was a orangish green color. before and after pics http://postimg.org/gallery/coomrjk4/5b887ffd/

the pics are in chronological order from yesterday, no bumb/closed eye, to today pre-visit with the bump/plug visible, and post-vet, looking great

she gave me some ointment to put on her eye and recommended increasing misting and less time between multivit dustings. cost was $83

Edit: was having trouble adding attatchments so I used postimage.org

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 108
Awesome job on catching the problem and getting it corrected right away! Glad to hear Blue's eye is much better.

Her blue shades are amazing! Do you have any more full body pictures?

thank you, and no I don't have any recent pics of her but I will take some tomorrow. She's the most friendly cham I've ever seen. Shes never bitten, or even tried, and has only open mouth "scary-faced" me once in the 3 months ive had her. I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow though, maybe some of the whole clan

I really appreciate you posting the cost of the vet visit. Having only needed to take our reptiles for well visits and knowing ahead of time what the cost will be its nice to tuck the knowledge of urgent visits away as an estimate of costs.

some full bodies for ya. shes been kinda aggrevated because I've been taking her out twice a day for the eye drops so it was hard to get some good pics. she's 8 months old

Attachments

• IMG_0341.jpg
    IMG_0341.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0343.jpg
    IMG_0343.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom