Eye problem?

freshfish

My new 5 mth old panther cham seems to have hurt his eye. Right now he has one eye closed. I seen him two days ago scratching it on his perch and rolling it around alot and sqwinting. I turned his mister on a few extra times yesterday to see maybe if he could wash out what was in it if anything. Today when I came home his eye looked alot better about 5pm I left for a few hours and now he has his eye closed. Any thoughts?

humidity is inbetween 50 -70 sometimes alittle higher for a while.
his basking some how 2 days ago jumped to 95 but I readjusted it to 85 to 88
I have a 24" reptisun 5.0 T5
Live plants a sticks all over his cage
And a mistking that comes on 3 times a day for 5 min at a time.

Thanks
Chad

Just a thought mines eye problems started the same way and got worse before we figured out what it was...

It could be the start of a Vit A Problem. It starts with one eye then it will be both so if it is that its early. Both my Panthers had it while My two veilds were fine. Check the vitamin you give make sure it has preformed Vit A and not just Beta carotene. Some panthers can not convert the beta carotene into Vit A and they must have Preformed. Do a search on Vit A Eye problems. You will find a lot of info

He also could have some type of debris or a piece of shed(has he shed recently?) stuck in his eye.

Just a thought mines eye problems started the same way and got worse before we figured out what it was...

It could be the start of a Vit A Problem. It starts with one eye then it will be both so if it is that its early. Both my Panthers had it while My two veilds were fine. Check the vitamin you give make sure it has preformed Vit A and not just Beta carotene. Some panthers can not convert the beta carotene into Vit A and they must have Preformed. Do a search on Vit A Eye problems. You will find a lot of info

I am just using the beta carotene rep cal herptivite. I will go pick up some preformed Vit-A

He also could have some type of debris or a piece of shed(has he shed recently?) stuck in his eye.

He shed about 2 weeks ago and he seemed fine till about 4 days ago.

Thank you I will keep everyone posted.

shed

:Watch for old shed pieces. It really frustrates them and can cause problems. My male veil was working on an eye piece the other day for hours, while I was constantly misting him. They just don't like it.

Back
Top Bottom