eye issues again

cambech

So just like last time we seem to have some eye problem going on with his left eye. It's caked over in the morning with a hardened whitish crust. I was flushing it out every 3 to 4 hours with saline so that he could see. The attached two photos were taken just after i flushed it out. Before someone says it....I already took him to the vet and he's now on an antibiotic eye drop that he gets every 12 hours. I just gave him his second dose this morning. It's supposed to clear everything up in 4 to 5 days. I hope....

Attachments

• EYE1.jpg
    EYE1.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 209
  • EYE2.jpg
    EYE2.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 179
eye is all better...

It took about a week and a half to get this guy completely back to normal, but i'm all smiles now. As he seems happy as a pig in slop again and both eyes look great.

Attachments

• Good1.jpg
    Good1.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 145
  • Good2.jpg
    Good2.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 142
Have you took him to the vet to find out what's causing the eye problems?

sorry for not replying. But the vet took a sample and said it's a bacterial infection that he's either gotten from rubbing his eye on something or his nasolacrimal(not sure on the spelling) duct may be backing up and gooin his eye up allowing bacteria to find a place to settle in.

I rinsed all of his plants off well and cleaned his house up good. So i hope that's the last of this.

im so glad! i just seen this. so did it fix with just the saline?

not this time...i had to give him a mile antibiotic in his eye 2x per day for a while. It started to clear up about 2 days after i started the drops though, so i knew we were on the right track.:D

not this time...i had to give him a mile antibiotic in his eye 2x per day for a while. It started to clear up about 2 days after i started the drops though, so i knew we were on the right track.:D

Do you have the name of the drops you used?

congratulations on the cure.
My little guy has an eye infection right now:confused:
This is causing him not to eat and he's very slow
He might have photo kerato- conjunctivitis i believe thats how it's spelled.
His appointment is tomorrow. I'm hoping everything goes well

Good luck.

congratulations on the cure.
My little guy has an eye infection right now:confused:
This is causing him not to eat and he's very slow
He might have photo kerato- conjunctivitis i believe thats how it's spelled.
His appointment is tomorrow. I'm hoping everything goes well

you're doing the right thing by taking him to the vet. Don't worry so much, i'm sure the vet will get it figured out and he'll be back to eating in no time.
you might try rinsing with a saline solution made for sensitive eyes. You can get this at any walmart or target for around $3.

Hey I just want to congratulate you on the recovery of your handsome man!! I've followed this thread for sometime and I'm really glad that he is happy and healthy now as I'm sure you are too!! :)

Back
Top Bottom