Eye Issue

DionysusPanther

Hi

My baby boy (Panther almost 2 years old, never ill before) has recently started what I believe is eye cleaning behaviour (Closing eye and moving it around lid), I'd never noticed it before but he seems to be doing it a couple of times an hour for the past 3-5 days. I can't see any swelling or irritation but he did have a piece of shedding skin around his eyelid that took a bit longer to come off than the rest of his body and this behaviour started the day it came off. He's also keeping that eye shut a lot which is what is setting off alarm bells for me. He has plenty of water and different temperature areas to move to. I'm booking a vet appointment tomorrow but just want to check I'm not being a hypochondriac and overprotective of something he may sort on his own and also don't want to foot a bill for my worried ass if it's for nothing :D He has just been moved into a bigger cage as I'm moving but unsure if that changes anything, can't attach photos atm as he's asleep.

Thanks!

All chams end up with funk in their eyes every now and then. When this happens, they use the misters, other moisture, and their unique ability to close and inflate their eyes to do ocular housecleaning. That being said, go to your vet and have her/him give your baby a once over. Also, when you have time, fill out the ‘how to ask for help’ form in an easy copy-and-paste format. It will save you a ton of time in the event of an emergency, and help all of our more knowledgeable enthusiasts to give you possibly life saving advice.

Ps: welcome!!!!!!!

All chams end up with funk in their eyes every now and then. When this happens, they use the misters, other moisture, and their unique ability to close and inflate their eyes to do ocular housecleaning. That being said, go to your vet and have her/him give your baby a once over. Also, when you have time, fill out the ‘how to ask for help’ form in an easy copy-and-paste format. It will save you a ton of time in the event of an emergency, and help all of our more knowledgeable enthusiasts to give you possibly life saving advice.

Ps: welcome!!!!!!!
Thanks for the welcome I'll take him down tomorrow just to be sure then hopefully it's just gunk and I'll definitely fill out the form for future use thanks

Back
Top Bottom