Eye isnt opening an bloating

PantherAddictt

Hi,
I just got this male panther today. An once I got to container noticed his eye closed. An been closed since. Not sure what I can do an reptile company I got him from won't help.

Attachments

• 20220503_112810.jpg
    20220503_112810.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220503_113021.jpg
    20220503_113021.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220503_114944.jpg
    20220503_114944.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 47
I agree, he doesn't look good. You should mist him with some water around his eye, maybe he just needs to clean his eye. Some chameleons like rain showers , and rubbing their eyes against sticks or limbs to help rub and clean their eye turrets.

Last edited:
Agreed with above, he doesn´t look that healthy and a vet check-up wont do any harm. He´s also right out of a shed and for the short term a good long misting session could help him, to maybe clean out his eye.

Agreed with above, he doesn´t look that healthy and a vet check-up wont do any harm. He´s also right out of a shed and for the short term a good long misting session could help him, to maybe clean out his eye.
the same things happening to me though not as severe

Did it ever get corrected ? My friend panther eye was doin the same thing
Not currently only had this little one 24hrs. Feeding dubia an crickets with LoD was told use this once a week for six weeks by the vet tech. An spray with water to flush eye the eye. But with his looks an being lethargy it'd 80% infection an could be spreading.

Didn't wanna open another thread. But are the Arcadia 50w halogen flood bulbs good for chameleons? Seen one today an thought be better then what am using.

I’m so very sorry. 😢 I hope you’ll be able to get some satisfaction from wherever you bought him from. In the future if you try again, do go thru a reputable breeder such as those who sponsor the forum. https://www.chameleonforums.com/sponsors/?tag=chameleons
Only satifaction i received was in store credit for total of the chameleon. An after this no more chams for me. I love panthers have for past 7 years. I have two females currently going love them. Once I have no need for equipment. Going to try an donate them to reptiles in need. All I have to say currently. After phone call I had with this company over this. My mindset is off an very overwhelmed an depressed with this issue alone. Then I think this company actually has others for sale. Can only pray no one has to deal with what I have this week. Only peace of mind I have is this poor little boy is now in the creators hands. He will be on that golden branch feeling free an not suffering. Will just keep thinking positive an hope. These little guys find peace in nature an not for a buck.

Only satifaction i received was in store credit for total of the chameleon. An after this no more chams for me. I love panthers have for past 7 years. I have two females currently going love them. Once I have no need for equipment. Going to try an donate them to reptiles in need. All I have to say currently. After phone call I had with this company over this. My mindset is off an very overwhelmed an depressed with this issue alone. Then I think this company actually has others for sale. Can only pray no one has to deal with what I have this week. Only peace of mind I have is this poor little boy is now in the creators hands. He will be on that golden branch feeling free an not suffering. Will just keep thinking positive an hope. These little guys find peace in nature an not for a buck.
I’m so very sorry for all that you’ve been thru. I’m sure you did everything you could, but it appears the cards were stacked against your beautiful little boy. Unfortunately there are some whose sole purpose is to just make a buck. There are also those who truly do care about each and every chameleon they produce and provide very active support for those who buy from them. We are blessed to be able to keep and appreciate the wonder and beauty of these almost magical creatures. I wish you peace in your thoughts and heart. 💗

Back
Top Bottom