Eye irritation: 5 month multi breed panther

Obama the cham

OK, 1st off this is a thread no for Obama, he is good. but My bro is the proud parent of a multi breed panther around 5 months old now.

She is having a bit of eye irritaion right now, it seems to be in her left eye that the issue is in.

she stays in a cage that is 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 X 2 1/2 foot (W,L,T)

she has a 60 watt basking lamp from ZOO-MED, and the (new formulation) R-Zilla Tropical 25 series linear tube.

Their is ALOT of foliage in the cage, she gets her crickets dusted (without D3 every time, with D3 every couple weeks) and gutloaded with cabbage, lettuce, broccolli, oranges, grapes, a bunch of fruits.

shes handled every day, and has always been REAL perkey and always moving, but lately she has had an issue that has got her slowed down.

her colors havent change durasticaly, she becomes a bit more dark than normal. but other than that the peaches and pinks r still all their.

she has been ballooning her eye this morning tho (bulging it out if irritaed, or something mayb in their) she does it off and on.

im pretty sure it due to the R-Zilla tropical 25 series light, but i was wanting to run it by the furom just to see wats said.

im having him go TODAY to get NEW T-8 hood and A reptisun 5.0.

and if thing get worse we will take a vet visit.

I would just go to the vet or try and flush whatever it is out with a warm shower and saline solution, im not familiar with that bulb, anyone else know much about it?

as do I, the linear are a bit more comforrtable to me...iffy on those CFL's.

my Obama got some nasties in his eye back a while ago due to some lighting issues (all is better than well now) but a simple change of bulbs fixed him right up.

ill show him this post. Thanx summoner

Back
Top Bottom