Eye infection

FlChamMom

Avid Member
Please keep my Zeke in your thoughts. About a week ago I took him to the vet for what I thought was a piece of shed in his eye. My vet flushed the eye and gave me some antibiotic drops. The eye got better in a few days but several weeks later the symptoms returned . I brought him back to my vet and the eye seems to be infected. There is no visual swelling, he was.pulling the eye in and rubbing is on the screen.
The vet thinks the initial issue may not have been shed. He is on Baytril and seems to be improving. He's my baby- I'll hate it if something happens.
20150203_153312.jpg

@CANDYMAN @Matt Vanilla Gorilla. Thanks for the info, the infection wasn't present at the initial visit- I brought him in because he was rubbing his left eye on the screen and it was slightly sunken. After flushing the eye he gave me the drops as a precaution against infection. I used them 2x a day for a week. After a few weeks of the eye being fine one morning I noticed the eye was drawn in again so I brought him in again. My vet has a veterinary ophthalmologist in the practice and she said she saw the pupil was elongated and there was a difference in pigmentation, in other words it probably wasn't shed to begin with. They ruled out a vitamin diffiency, I'm pretty stringent about that stuff anyway. Next week bringing him back, if the eye is not better they'll do a scan to see if it is a tumor. Really hoping for the best...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom