Eye infection, now stops eating

tystick420

Hey all, I have a male panther cham. He's always been a great eater, right out of my hand normally, doesnt mind being handled sometimes, and always healthy,well almost always... He got an eye infection a few weeks ago and i watched it develop for a week or so and got him to a vet. I bought the eye drops, got the infection out of his eye, but now he wolnt eat. I swear its been a week since iv seen him eat. Its really bothering me. He drinks well still when i mist him but he just sits around with his eyes closed. His eyes arent back 100% yet but surely he wolnt let himself die. Today i put the crickets in before i did the drops because i could see the drops stress him mildly, still nothing.

These are the pics i took today.

Iv got good temp, good UV, good humidity, good foliage, good calcium, low stress?
Help me out Peeps.
Thanks,
Ty

Attachments

• 20130916_151201.jpg
    20130916_151201.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20130916_151925.jpg
    20130916_151925.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 89
Maybe hes bored with crickets.. try another food.

and sitting with eyes closed does not mean his infection is gone, something is still wrong.

I agree, his infections not all gone. I feed him mealworms sometimes but im not sure if thats the case. I guess ill try it.

Both of his eyes are open and hes moving around his cage but not eating. Would he let himself die for whatever reason?

Is there a special feeder that he really, really likes? My guy loves superworms, he'll head straight to the door if he sees that I have one. He likes silkworms, tomato hornworms and butterworms, but superworms are his favorite treat. Maybe offering him one of those will get him to eat something.

i just saw him at the bottom of his cage, looked like he'd given up. I force fed him 2 crickets. Iv given him super worms before, and ill be buying more tomorrow.

I know this may sound crazy but in my attempts to "revive" my chameleon at one point, I used the blender, with some gutload sprinkles and blended with water to make a juice, and it worked for me, before.

food

Try the silkworms or superworms right after they molt. Right when they are white. Both will digest quickly, so he can eat again soon. A couple quick meals may help him bounce back.

I think you need to get him back to the vet. There is something else going on besides that eye infection.

I force fed him a super worm today. Tried to see if he wanted it on his own. I feel bad because he still basks with his eyes closed majority of the day. I cant afford more exotic animal vet visits.

Attachments

• 20130918_141241.jpg
    20130918_141241.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom