eye gunk

Bvbygvrlkk

hello, i have a veiled translucent female chameleon. i got her from this petco i used to work at. (i quit because they take poor care of their animals and went on a rant “they said they will do better”). her name is clementine. she might be close to 5 -7 months maybe tops. they told me she was a few months when i got her and nobody wanted her, because she didn’t really “do a lot”. so i insisted on getting her. and when it was time for him to get her out of the cage, it seemed like she couldnt see. so i tried to get her, she basically RAN to me. i looked closer, and her eyes were not moving, i was moving my finger trying to see if she would follow it- and nothing. so i complained that something was wrong, her eyes were gunked shut… they gave me a discount and told me if she doesn’t get better return her (smfh), so of course i said f that, took her home, got a warm wet qtip, and gently cleaned her eyes, and it was basically A CORK OF GUNK THAT POPPED OUT of both eyes. she was soo relieved. she was so happy and energetic after that. i mist her and her cage, i feed her crickets, and mealworms, i don’t handle her u les i need to clean, or she reaches for me and gets a hold of my arm, and i will let her explore the tree outside. i called a vet and asked about it, they recommended reptile eye drops from flukers, so i got the eye drops, and administer them as the bottle says. but sometimes her eyes still get gunky, and she will scratch them against her vines, and her eyes will sometimes get puffy. i am just freaking out, and worried if i’m not doing enough. i give her vitamix with her food. i am second guessing myself, and freaking out worrying if she has something super wrong, or a deficiency. plz help. i feed her greens, her fav is spinach. i will attach pictures of her with her eyes cleaned, and when/ if her eyes are gunky tomorrow i will upload.

Attachments

• 8C07531D-9A1E-4611-A6F3-8433942A34BF.jpeg
    8C07531D-9A1E-4611-A6F3-8433942A34BF.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 9B11DF6A-CC32-4469-A913-35CF1D3ABB11.jpeg
    9B11DF6A-CC32-4469-A913-35CF1D3ABB11.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 3FA5D59F-0BF9-48D5-A35B-F03C322BA3C5.jpeg
    3FA5D59F-0BF9-48D5-A35B-F03C322BA3C5.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 85
I don’t really have advice because idk. But I love her name! But just calm down and relax and u are trying your best. I have been freaking out with my chameleon and overthinking things. So ur not alone. Sorry I can’t be much help 😞 I’m glad you saved her from that place

I don’t really have advice because idk. But I love her name! But just calm down and relax and u are trying your best. I have been freaking out with my chameleon and overthinking things. So ur not alone. Sorry I can’t be much help 😞 I’m glad you saved her from that place
it is okay! and thank you so much :), i really am, I love her so much. you are probably doing your best too! Hope all is well with yours! And I am glad I did too, she seems so much more happier

it is okay! and thank you so much :), i really am, I love her so much. you are probably doing your best too! Hope all is well with yours! And I am glad I did too, she seems so much more happier
Aww 🥰 I’m glad you love her and I’m sure you guys can bond since you helped her and seems like she wants you to hold her at times which is a good thing. Mine loves it when I hold him and would climb on my head or take a nap on me lol 😂 ya I’m trying my best. I have a follow up appointment with him since he inured his leg and I hope blood work will help him. But ya been overthinking so much to the point I’m a crying mess and looking like a zombie because I haven’t sleep or eaten much. We should be friends plus I named my chameleon Cameron lol 😂

He shouldn't eat anything but bugs. No fruit or vegs those are for the bugs only. I would fill this out so you can see what needs to be changed.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom