Eye bulge

Link

Avid Member
This is my other male tamatave afar . He's had this lump on his eye for a long time probably since he was born. Just wondering if anybody knew what it was. He has some eye problems sometimes. Usually after a hard shed. Thanks for any advice

Attachments

• 20160823_184346.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 205
maybe its access sheeding built up that he cant shed himself how old is he whats the calcium sced? if thats what it is the vet will give you a solution to held it come off he hasent been bitten by feeder insects has he? were you the one to make this post in 2012? it could also be a sinus abscess in your case meaning something caused bacteria and its freezing it gets bigger every time he sheds?

My calcium schedule is w/d3 for about a week .then I switch off for a few days to no d3 and vitamins for a a day or two. He has had it since I have had him it doesn't bother him .he eats well and drinks. He does seem a little slow out of that eye though. Depth perception seems a little off . Not many exotic vets where I am from. He's also a proven breeder and breeds anytime I put him in the tank. So it doesn't seem to be bothering you that much was wondering what it could be. Nobody seems to know

Attachments

• 20160823_184404.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 170
I have 5 of them right now. I have had many in my life and never ran into this. Would like to see if anybody else has came across this ?

I use Saleen. It doesn't seem to ever want to get out of the eye. Doesn't bother him much though

Rinse and repeat til its out may take a few day to a week if not you may have to take to a vet you dont want it to turn to an abscess

I would tend to agree that it could be debris, but the bulge seems a bit different than other eye issues I've seen. Not that I'm an expert with eye issues, but usually the eye is more swollen and puffy. Could just be the lighting in the picture though. If he has had it for that long, you may need to have a vet flush the eye to remove debris if that's what is causing the issue.

The bulge isn't from the debris its from mucus that is covering the debris kinda like people get eye boogeys or weepies in the corner of the eyes but the bulge is a build up of it you don't want to leave it cause it could become infected or an abscess

Back
Top Bottom