Extremely fertile Yemen female - ever had a Caesarian in a cham before?

Thank you all for your very helpful replies. It seems there is no end to learning as far as it comes to chameleon husbandry! I have reserved a spot for surgery at the vet's for next Tuesday (that was the earliest one I could get). If she lays in the meantime I can still cancel it, but if not she will be provided for.
Thats a blessing with the vet...big veiled grl wont cry.

My heart is with you, Kristen. Sadly, also my Lizzie passed away today, due to a far too large clutch of eggs. I did everything as the vet had recommended, was syringe-feeding her water, liquid calcium and highly-nutritious food paste, and she indeed picked up some strength initially and pushed out another 4 eggs - after the 73 she had already laid during the last 11 days. Then she gave up and died. When I was absolutely sure that she was dead (starting to get stiff, with no vital signs for quite a while), I cut open her belly and released the remaining eggs: there were another 14. With that, Lizzie has produced a clutch of a total of NINETY-ONE eggs.

If it was not so sad that it cost her life, I'd say that she has broken every record ever heard of before in a Yemen chameleon. 91 eggs!
Rest in peace, Lizzie.
IMG_0764.JPG

My heart is with you, Kristen. Sadly, also my Lizzie passed away today, due to a far too large clutch of eggs. I did everything as the vet had recommended, was syringe-feeding her water, liquid calcium and highly-nutritious food paste, and she indeed picked up some strength initially and pushed out another 4 eggs - after the 73 she had already laid during the last 11 days. Then she gave up and died. When I was absolutely sure that she was dead (starting to get stiff, with no vital signs for quite a while), I cut open her belly and released the remaining eggs: there were another 14. With that, Lizzie has produced a clutch of a total of NINETY-ONE eggs.

If it was not so sad that it cost her life, I'd say that she has broken every record ever heard of before in a Yemen chameleon. 91 eggs!
Rest in peace, Lizzie.View attachment 231274
My deepest condolences,Lizzie is a great angel and the God took her and set her on the side with him.....
R.I.P Lizzie.

Back
Top Bottom