Experienced chameleon owners

BabyCham96

Hello everyone! I don't know where else to post this but I just got a new job that I really needed and unfortunately I won't be able to keep my amazing juvenile veiled male chameleon due to my schedule and I don't want to sell him to someone who's not going to take care of him and I don't know anyone that can. So, I was hoping there was a way to find someone on here who has the time and experience to take care of him and would like to purchase him and maybe some of his stuff too if you need it. If there is a different more appropriate place to do this please let me know!

Hello everyone! I don't know where else to post this but I just got a new job that I really needed and unfortunately I won't be able to keep my amazing juvenile veiled male chameleon due to my schedule and I don't want to sell him to someone who's not going to take care of him and I don't know anyone that can. So, I was hoping there was a way to find someone on here who has the time and experience to take care of him and would like to purchase him and maybe some of his stuff too if you need it. If there is a different more appropriate place to do this please let me know!

Of all pets other than fish, chameleons are the ones that need the least attention and can be almost completely automated. I hope you don't have any plants.

Of all pets other than fish, chameleons are the ones that need the least attention and can be almost completely automated. I hope you don't have any plants.
Yeah, but you still need to invest SOME time into properly gutloading and cleaning up after feeders and cleaning the cage. Not that these things take a ton of time, but if this person's work schedule is jam packed, they might not have time to consistently do those things. For all we know, the job this person got could involve a lot of travelling away from home.

I think it's irrelevant if this person's reasons/excuses are legitimate or not. At least they are trying to find a good home for their Cham. Far too many people simply get bored with their animals and just stop caring for them properly resulting in a lot of suffering - that's what upsets me the most. I will suggest to the OP however that getting money back out of your cham/supplies should not be a priority. Just be grateful if someone takes it and gives it a great home.

That's what I was going to say. They are kind of like cats. The less you are around them, the happier they are.

I work full time, go to school full time split between 2 universities, have a 2nd part time job, have 2 dogs, 3 cats, 4 chameleons and a snake. My chameleons are all automated and it's easy to find time with proper time management
There are more reasons as to why I can't take care of my chameleon anymore, I just thought you guys wouldn't care that my illnesses also prevent me from doing certain things in between work and hospital visits.

I think it's irrelevant if this person's reasons/excuses are legitimate or not. At least they are trying to find a good home for their Cham. Far too many people simply get bored with their animals and just stop caring for them properly resulting in a lot of suffering - that's what upsets me the most. I will suggest to the OP however that getting money back out of your cham/supplies should not be a priority. Just be grateful if someone takes it and gives it a great home.
I always heard that if people are willing to pay for an animal than they are more likely to take better care of it to get their money's worth. I'm very concerned about finding him a perfect home but I could also use what money I can get back, out of the hundreds I've spent on him because the reason I got a new job is cause I need the money. But finding a good owner is top priority!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1493442570937.jpg
    FB_IMG_1493442570937.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 20170503_012757.jpg
    20170503_012757.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 144
I always heard that if people are willing to pay for an animal than they are more likely to take better care of it to get their money's worth. I'm very concerned about finding him a perfect home but I could also use what money I can get back, out of the hundreds I've spent on him because the reason I got a new job is cause I need the money. But finding a good owner is top priority!

That can definitely be very true, but there are also a lot of wonderful owners who might not have enough extra cash to pay much for him. That's why I just said I wouldn't make it the priority. No one here is in your exact situation and I felt that no one here has the right to judge you. I think you have the best intentions and wish you luck in finding him the right home!!!

That can definitely be very true, but there are also a lot of wonderful owners who might not have enough extra cash to pay much for him. That's why I just said I wouldn't make it the priority. No one here is in your exact situation and I felt that no one here has the right to judge you. I think you have the best intentions and wish you luck in finding him the right home!!!
Thank you, I'm willing to talk to people interested in buying to see what they're able to pay so I can help in any way!

Utah.....hm....probably not a possible commute for me, at least for the time being. Sorry, although he's lovely!

I agree and disagree with posts above. I'm in a situation similar right now so I know exactly where you are coming from I'm only 20 with no kids but my job is very involved and I travel a lot as it is and right now things are getting a lot more crazy and I might even be in need of finding new homes for my little ones as my time is becoming very limited. I won't go into everything right now as my choice is still undecided if I need to find my chams a new home yet but I will say that if you do end up needing to find your Cham a new home I would understand and respect your decision as it is the more responsible thing to do rather than slowly starting to neglect him without you even knowing it. I'm sure it's not your priority to get as much of your money back as possible but I also understand you want to at least get something back from it. Best of luck to you and I hope you figure everything out!

I agree and disagree with posts above. I'm in a situation similar right now so I know exactly where you are coming from I'm only 20 with no kids but my job is very involved and I travel a lot as it is and right now things are getting a lot more crazy and I might even be in need of finding new homes for my little ones as my time is becoming very limited. I won't go into everything right now as my choice is still undecided if I need to find my chams a new home yet but I will say that if you do end up needing to find your Cham a new home I would understand and respect your decision as it is the more responsible thing to do rather than slowly starting to neglect him without you even knowing it. I'm sure it's not your priority to get as much of your money back as possible but I also understand you want to at least get something back from it. Best of luck to you and I hope you figure everything out!
Thank you, I'm going to give him my all until I can't anymore!

Back
Top Bottom